Florentino Perez

serghei

Wrong, because of his transfer policies, but im not surprised you defend him all the time.

I don't defend him all the time lol. This scandal is probably the first time I comment on him. I like his leadership. I find it's better to be decisive even if you get it wrong sometimes, than be pushed around like a clown, like Bartomeu was.

Most strong leaders are divisive.

serghei

Overall, I like both Laporta and Florentino. That funny old dude Calderon who followed Florentino, and Rosell & Bartomeu crook duo aren't fit to lace their boots :lol:.

Morten

I don't defend him all the time lol. This scandal is probably the first time I comment on him. I like his leadership. I find it's better to be decisive even if you get it wrong sometimes, than be pushed around like a clown, like Bartomeu was.

Most strong leaders are divisive.

As for the first period, it came crashing down when Perez decided he knew more about football then everybody else.

Decisions such as selling Makelele and calling him overrated, or not going for Ronaldinho because he was "too ugly" should make you think twice about his capabilities as a leader.

serghei

As for the first period, it came crashing down when Perez decided he knew more about football then everybody else.

Decisions such as selling Makelele and calling him overrated, or not going for Ronaldinho because he was "too ugly" should make you think twice about his capabilities as a leader.

Yea, it seems to me that his 2nd term he was a slam dunk. Even if he never admitted his mistakes, he probably had some self criticism about him and learned the lessons to be learned from his first stint.

serghei

i wonder how perez wants to talk his way out after the leaks

I don't think he gives a fuck, but I'd love Madrid fans and media to pressure him and make him step down. Maybe they get another Jose Ramon Calderon and we can all have some fun watching them suck :lol:.

For Barca, Florentino out would be great.

serghei

It's really not that big of a deal. Funny as heck though.

Depends. It can become serious, in the hyper-sensitive social-media world we live in. Normally, this should be funny shit. In before he says something which can be interpreted as racist. Then he's done. :lol:

Morten

Yea, it seems to me that his 2nd term he was a slam dunk. Even if he never admitted his mistakes, he probably had some self criticism about him and learned the lessons to be learned from his first stint.

Bottom-line is that i trust him to run the club economically, he knows how to balance the budget.
Footballing decisions? Not so much.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He thinks he does, but does he in actuality?

You will never see leaks where Perez talks about his own failures, i suspect because he thinks he is infallible and has never admitted to make any mistakes.

That does not sound like a good leader to me.

I don't really know what the contexts of Florentino Perez's leaked conversations were (like who he was talking to etc.), but typically people don't talk to others openly about their own failures and mistakes etc., regardless of one's position.

Barcilliant

He's become more likeable imo. The fact is we don't know how footballers are off the pitch and the only news we receive about them is filtered PR. Flo pretty much expressed himself freely and he should be allowed to do so. In today's hyper sensitive social media world its nice to see someone who doesn't give a fuck.
To me this looks like a plot to remove Perez. Force him to step down. RM won't get a better president and every Barce fan knows that. The man makes mistakes but bottom line he knows how to run a business and keep the players ego in check.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's become more likeable imo. The fact is we don't know how footballers are off the pitch and the only news we receive about them is filtered PR. Flo pretty much expressed himself freely and he should be allowed to do so. In today's hyper sensitive social media world its nice to see someone who doesn't give a fuck.

But he does. That's why he didn't say these things publicly but rather he got caught on tape. Anyway...I don't care that much either. Far from the only one that spouts stuff like this. He just got caught.

FinBarcelonafan

But he does. That's why he didn't say these things publicly but rather he got caught on tape. Anyway...I don't care that much either. Far from the only one that spouts stuff like this. He just got caught.

Exactly. All these things are talked about behind the scenes. Surprised Ozils story never leaked before from someone else.

Horatio

You're welcome
Exactly. All these things are talked about behind the scenes. Surprised Ozils story never leaked before from someone else.

There is a code I guess in Football land. It leaves me surprised as well how some things get leaked so far down the road. Latest example for me was the Dembele "racist" video.

Home of Barca Fans