Florentino Perez

BarcaOG

Banned
That's not really the point, is it

Nobody claims all young fans are the same

I'm disputing the generalized assumption that 'young fans' are fickle brutes with very low attention spans. That is what Perez said and what others here agree with. It is a universal claim about all young fans. I don't buy it.

khaled_a_d

I'm disputing the generalized assumption that 'young fans' are fickle brutes with very low attention spans. That is what Perez said and what others here agree with. It is a universal claim about all young fans. I don't buy it.

I don't know about that, NBA has tried to work with social media platforms like FB/Twitter etc to stream their games, and their request was actually declined as they cited the fact that their consumers are more interested on short clips rather than full games, so it won't be profitable for them to be streamers for the games.

This is generally a trend in many aspects, Andrew Schulz once talked how in comedy it was changing his videos into short ones rather than whole stand up, that turned his career and put him on track, as most people would watch clips for few minutes rather than a full 1hr video, which became the norm after that.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
I don't know about that, NBA has tried to work with social media platforms like FB/Twitter etc to stream their games, and their request was actually declined as they cited the fact that their consumers are more interested on short clips rather than full games, so it won't be profitable for them to be streamers for the games.

This is generally a trend in many aspects, Andrew Schulz once talked how in comedy it was changing his videos into short ones rather than whole stand up, that turned his career and put him on track, as most people would watch clips for few minutes rather than a full 1hr video, which became the norm after that.

I think that's a fair point. But it doesn't mean young fans/people are not interested in sports (or comedy). Clearly they still enjoy the content. I'm not sure what the upside is here, though. It's not like we're going to make soccer matches 45 minutes or shorter instead of 90 :lol:

Messi983

It's a tape from 2006. Nothing to do with ESL

Florentino doesn't seem to think so...

Given the news broadcast in El Confidencial, in which phrases attributed to me are collected, I think it necessary to clarify:

-The reproduced phrases are pronounced in conversations secretly recorded by Mr. Jos? Antonio Abell?n, who has been trying to sell them for many years without success. It is surprising now that, despite the time that has elapsed, the newspaper El Confidencial collects them today.

-They are single phrases of conversations taken from the broad context in which they occur.

- Let them reproduce now, after so many years have passed since those conversations took place, I understand that it is due to my participation as one of the promoters of the Super League.

-I have put the matter in the hands of my lawyers who are studying the possible actions to take.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]
What do you mean? Lad didn't know the comments were from 2006 and had nothing to do with ESL at the time he said this stuff.

Whether they are being leaked (though I also read they were originally leaked 5 years ago, just nobody cared) because of his current ESL stance is a different story. May be true. El Confidencial had it in for him for some time apparently.

KingLeo10

Nobody cares when the guy built a team that won like 4 CLs in the last 8 years.

This. It wasn't the greatest CL team (although the 16-17 side is among the top CL sides ever) but I've never seen a group of players (and coach) more tailor made for CL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Florentino is a business genius but can be a total ass. Raul and Casillas are legends and two great persons. If I wasn't a Barca fan I'd totally be getting jerseys with their names printed. Legends.

Home of Barca Fans