Banned

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    That's not really the point, is it

Nobody claims all young fans are the same
    I'm disputing the generalized assumption that 'young fans' are fickle brutes with very low attention spans. That is what Perez said and what others here agree with. It is a universal claim about all young fans. I don't buy it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    I'm disputing the generalized assumption that 'young fans' are fickle brutes with very low attention spans. That is what Perez said and what others here agree with. It is a universal claim about all young fans. I don't buy it.
    I don't know about that, NBA has tried to work with social media platforms like FB/Twitter etc to stream their games, and their request was actually declined as they cited the fact that their consumers are more interested on short clips rather than full games, so it won't be profitable for them to be streamers for the games.

This is generally a trend in many aspects, Andrew Schulz once talked how in comedy it was changing his videos into short ones rather than whole stand up, that turned his career and put him on track, as most people would watch clips for few minutes rather than a full 1hr video, which became the norm after that.
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 24th April 2021 at 08:30 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I don't know about that, NBA has tried to work with social media platforms like FB/Twitter etc to stream their games, and their request was actually declined as they cited the fact that their consumers are more interested on short clips rather than full games, so it won't be profitable for them to be streamers for the games.

This is generally a trend in many aspects, Andrew Schulz once talked how in comedy it was changing his videos into short ones rather than whole stand up, that turned his career and put him on track, as most people would watch clips for few minutes rather than a full 1hr video, which became the norm after that.
    I think that's a fair point. But it doesn't mean young fans/people are not interested in sports (or comedy). Clearly they still enjoy the content. I'm not sure what the upside is here, though. It's not like we're going to make soccer matches 45 minutes or shorter instead of 90