Florentino Perez

Windhook

I still have more respect for Lorenzo Sanz and Ramon Calderon. This greedy fuck is one of the reasons for football's demise with big money spending on star players. Of course he didn't invent this, all started with the magnum opus of Italian football in the 90's, the Berlusconis and Morattis.

malvolio

I still have more respect for Lorenzo Sanz and Ramon Calderon. This greedy fuck is one of the reasons for football's demise with big money spending on star players. Of course he didn't invent this, all started with the magnum opus of Italian football in the 90's, the Berlusconis and Morattis.

They are all greedy, he just happened to spearhead this project. A super league was talked about since 10 years ago. And since you mentioned who started this, why do you cry now about football's demise?

El Gato

Villarato!
Of course he didn't invent this, all started with the magnum opus of Italian football in the 90's, the Berlusconis and Morattis.

Goes understated in the current witch-hunt + praise-UEFA narrative. Perez is just another magnate, not even the richest one of the lot, sharing same fears.

Windhook

And since you mentioned who started this, why do you cry now about football's demise?

Why cry now? Because the morality of the sport I love came under question about 72 hours ago. I've been losing interest in the game for a long time, nowadays I watch mainly Barca, Man City (because of Pep's attractive style) and Ludogorets games, all three clubs without much success in UEFA competitions. The idea of VAR is good, but should be completely run by AI, not some dumbfuck watching the VAR screen for 3 minutes and in the end making the wrong call.

You can go on write a report how corrupt UEFA is and hand it to a Swiss prosecutor so things get investigated. But Big 12 are themselves to blame for their ruined finances. Because petro-dollars in football lead clubs to this. UEFA are responsible for FFP and they tried, but failed miserably. The ban on Man City was overthrown by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, remember?

slicknick

I honestly believe he is starting to get senile & demented...He claimed last night that none of the clubs really left :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I honestly believe he is starting to get senile & demented...He claimed last night that none of the clubs really left :lol:

Nothing demented about it if the claims of clauses are true. At this point we don't know how easy the court cases will be for anyone that hard claims they've left. Part of the reason why Juventus worded their statement in a very different way to the others.

Issue is, every interview he gives about it from this day on will alienate absolutely everyone to the club. Including players and agents who may not want to be embroiled in this.

Morten

He's really not letting this stuff go, is he?

Burning bridges with the English clubs now, its going to be fun trying to do dealings with them in the future....

El Gato

Villarato!
He's really not letting this stuff go, is he?

Burning bridges with the English clubs now, its going to be fun trying to do dealings with them in the future....

If clauses are true then he probably should milk them off every cent to help the club benefit. It'll help to offset Covid and might set the non-oil clubs back a bit with their plans. As ruthless as it is...

Home of Barca Fans