Florentino Perez

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also in case it wasn't clear

The latest line of praise was that Perez was 100% correct in offering 220M for Mbappe
The media which almost unilaterally interpret everything Perez does as a genius masterplan have suggested that Perez has for years been planning the 200M acquisition of Kylian Mbappe 1 year ahead of his contract expiring.
(fucking ridiculous but hey, that's what they're saying)
The net profits we made during Covid (somewhere around 40 + 230 in 19/20 and 20/21? can't remember exact numbers) have been carefully distributed to top up the necessary margins to make the deal happen.
Or so the pro-Perez folks would have you believe. Basically they're saying it was his plan all along to show how big Madrid dick still is while also showing that the state-run clubs are a huge threat as they can simply offer 1000s of dosh to buy a player and subsequently enslave them against their will if they want to go.
And while the latter makes obvious sense, it's brought up only as a way to reinforce the narrative that Perez is the wise master that sees all.
Which is invaluable with Super League project probably never going away since it was initially squashed. Perez needs all clout he can get to make it happen and to finally place himself in the record books as the man that has revolutionised football as we know it (+ probably down the line have his name smacked front and centre of the new Bernabeu).

The botched ESL will tarnish his legacy, yes, at least he could have planned it and rolled it out a lot better.

I don't know what people are saying about the Mbappe transfer, I don't really care, I think we talked about in the past, a bid for him was supposed to show that you guys are serious about him so he doesn't renew with PSG, but in reality he is going to come for free, Perez won't be so stupid to pay PSG a dime for him.

Windhook

Or so the pro-Perez folks would have you believe. Basically they're saying it was his plan all along to show how big Madrid dick still is while also showing that the state-run clubs are a huge threat as they can simply offer 1000s of dosh to buy a player and subsequently enslave them against their will if they want to go.

Basically the plan behind the Super League is: "look we can't compete on the market with state-owned clubs, so we are forming our own thing. Let PSG, Man City and Newcastle + Bundesliga (not state-owned) decide each year who is the best team amongst them."

I don't support the Super League idea as I grew up watching Champions League being the top club competition on the planet, but UEFA acted completely blind to the financial powers behind some clubs for over 10 years. FFP is a joke, they sanctioned Man City, which was turned down in arbitration court. Overall I see the motivation behind the moves of Perez and the rest, otherwise all big risk changing model of operation and became state-owned - whether it's Singapore, China, Malaysia, USA...

El Gato

Villarato!
Well you should care what they're saying Lufty because there's more than 1 interpretation of the bid

Pro-Perez line = he offered it because Madrid are still strong & Perez is a genius businessman you can't help yourself but kowtow to + sheikhs bad
Pro-to-neutral line = Perez was never gonna go through with the masterplan fake bid or bids because Madrid are still quite broke after Covid but you'd never know because was never in PSG interest to call him on the gamble and they dont give a fuck about money + bad PR
Anti-Perez line = Perez seriously did have 220M in his pocket and chose to spend it on one player to show how big the RM dong still is for us to recover this fast; except it's flat out mental to pay it and is pure vanity trip without heeding other needs of the sporting project when you consider Bernardo Silva was available for 70M and Camavinga may have never happened if not for PSG openly refusing bid

Guess which gets most traction
:lol:

[MENTION=21912]Windhook[/MENTION]
I get bored with Super League discussions. No new developments and every legal dispute being resolved in favor of Super League (because it technically isn't against the rules when the rules against a breakaway comp have never even been invented). But essentially yea, it's Perez playing God and pitting himself as this savior and saying he's at the very least not as bad as UEFA. Which is nonsense and circular conversation with 'who regulates who' at its centre to begin with.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well you should care what they're saying Lufty because there's more than 1 interpretation of the bid

Pro-Perez line = he offered it because Madrid are still strong & Perez is a genius businessman you can't help yourself but kowtow to + sheikhs bad
Pro-to-neutral line = Perez was never gonna go through with the masterplan fake bid or bids because Madrid are still quite broke after Covid but you'd never know because was never in PSG interest to call him on the gamble and they dont give a fuck about money + bad PR
Anti-Perez line = Perez seriously did have 220M in his pocket and chose to spend it on one player to show how big the RM dong still is for us to recover this fast; except it's flat out mental to pay it and is pure vanity trip without heeding other needs of the sporting project when you consider Bernardo Silva was available for 70M and Camavinga may have never happened if not for PSG openly refusing bid

Guess which gets most traction
:lol:

I don't care about any of these narratives, I know at the end of the day you won't be paying anything for Mbappe unfortunately, to my chagrin. :(

Sigh

iniestaGOAT

Basically the plan behind the Super League is: "look we can't compete on the market with state-owned clubs, so we are forming our own thing. Let PSG, Man City and Newcastle + Bundesliga (not state-owned) decide each year who is the best team amongst them."

I don't support the Super League idea as I grew up watching Champions League being the top club competition on the planet, but UEFA acted completely blind to the financial powers behind some clubs for over 10 years. FFP is a joke, they sanctioned Man City, which was turned down in arbitration court. Overall I see the motivation behind the moves of Perez and the rest, otherwise all big risk changing model of operation and became state-owned - whether it's Singapore, China, Malaysia, USA...

Shits going to get worse if newcastle manages to build a winning team and the premier league will beg for an extra UCL place eventually.

I believe it will happen.

Windhook

@Windhook
I get bored with Super League discussions. No new developments and every legal dispute being resolved in favor of Super League (because it technically isn't against the rules when the rules against a breakaway comp have never even been invented). But essentially yea, it's Perez playing God and pitting himself as this savior and saying he's at the very least not as bad as UEFA. Which is nonsense and circular conversation with 'who regulates who' at its centre to begin with.

Anyway it's not going to happen unless massive support from the communities that constitute all these clubs. UEFA should listen to the arguments, though, not act like "we are the game, bitch!". Such things happened in less economically powerful sports like basketball in the past in Europe.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't care about any of these narratives, I know at the end of the day you won't be paying anything for Mbappe unfortunately, to my chagrin. :(

Sigh

Again, you should.
Because by choosing to ignore them all (including the correct one), you only focus on how non-sporting deals make him look rather than what he actually decides to do with the money he makes.
Then again, we probably wont agree - you see no problem with shopping mall Bernabeu so I'm wasting my keyboard I guess

UEFA should listen to the arguments, though, not act like "we are the game, bitch!". Such things happened in less economically powerful sports like basketball in the past in Europe.

Sure no dispute there at all
Just find it ironic how folk continue to take the line of argument as if binning UEFA in favor of being governed by billionaires in charge of participant clubs themselves is the preferred resolution.
It's a ridiculous argument - "those who make most money (and channel it into their clubs that define the level of competition) should hold the most executive power".
Proponents of this are lunatics.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Again, you should.
Because by choosing to ignore them all (including the correct one), you only focus on how non-sporting deals make him look rather than what he actually decides to do with the money he makes.
Then again, we probably wont agree - you see no problem with shopping mall Bernabeu so I'm wasting my keyboard I guess.

If I were a Real Madrid fan I'd definitely care, as a Barca fan I am just devastated that Mbappe won't cost you a dime. The theories don't matter, what matter is in the end he will join you for free.

Temptation

Perez insults Barca!!!

"I am happy that AC Milan is waking up. They were our rivals for 50 years, not Barcelona or any other team."

Basically belittling Barca as a club and their history. Wow! Pretty mean by Papa Perez. :shakeshead:

Just dismissed Barca, the institution.

aragorn

Perez insults Barca!!!

"I am happy that AC Milan is waking up. They were our rivals for 50 years, not Barcelona or any other team."

Basically belittling Barca as a club and their history. Wow! Pretty mean by Papa Perez. :shakeshead:

The dumb club members themselves brought it upon them; by electing the crook Rosell and his puppet Bartshit later!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Perez insults Barca!!!

Who cares really about what he says? Especially this kind of trash talk.

It is what he does that we should care about.

Messigician

🚨🌖| Real Madrid are in talks for Jude Bellingham with BVB, they estimate the fee to be around ?90 million. @PacojoSER

GKAT president

Home of Barca Fans