Florentino Perez

serghei

I don't know how what was said so far that is supposed to make Florentino look bad. It's basically known that some players are absolute puppets, very few are actually great people like Kante probably. The shit that the Galacticos used to pull and brag about during the early '00s was incredible. And likes of Roberto Carlos used to talk about that as if it was fun, humiliating managers and basically caring fuck all about being professional.

Man's a legend for taking the shit out of those pampered stars. Although I don't understand why Florentino used to protect them back in the days. Maybe he's had enough at some point :lol:.

About Coentrao being a bit retarded, well, if he drove without a license man's dumb as a brick. You can do prison time if you're caught doing that shit, especially if you're involved in an accident.

People don't care to defend dumb celebrities earning tens of million a year for kicking a football. This is gonna create a lot of comedic reactions, because, so far, all he's doing is roasting idiots in private conversations.

Last edited:

serghei

I'm wondering what Laporta would say in private about the French garrison of Dembele, Lenglet and Umtiti :lol:.

serghei

Seems to me that the Amigo culture exists very much in Madrid as well. Most of Florentino's anger probably comes down to how much influence the veterans and their circle of friends have acquired over time. And how much they are using it for their own gain and personal benefit.

Barca and Madrid aren't that different. It's kind of the same culture.

KingLeo10

Seems to me that the Amigo culture exists very much in Madrid as well. Most of Florentino's anger probably comes down to how much influence the veterans and their circle of friends have acquired over time. And how much they are using it for their own gain and personal benefit.

Barca and Madrid aren't that different. It's kind of the same culture.

Because our peak was prior to 2015, people like to forget some of our amigos have been nearly as successful in CL and much more successful in the league compared to RM legends. Amigos culture is an inevitable consequence of massive success at the elite level.

serghei

Because our peak was prior to 2015, people like to forget some of our amigos have been nearly as successful in CL and much more successful in the league compared to RM legends. Amigos culture is an inevitable consequence of massive success at the elite level.

No doubt it is, but when it sets in, you stop that shit before it takes over the team.

KingLeo10

No doubt it is, but when it sets in, you stop that shit before it takes over the team.

Ideally, yes, but overly ruthless treatment of legends may make superstar aspirants more reluctant to give us their prime years. I still haven't come across an example in football history where a club only benefited from superstars and their success while facing none of the negative consequences.

serghei

Ideally, yes, but overly ruthless treatment of legends may make superstar aspirants more reluctant to give us their prime years. I still haven't come across an example in football history where a club only benefited from superstars and their success while facing none of the negative consequences.

No doubt, you can't cut down legends at the first sign of trouble, but you also can't be keeping them for 6-7 fucking years while being crap, purely on nostalgia. Pique wasn't elite or even great in more than 5 years. He should have been a substitute for a good 2-3 years already. More like that.

I think Florentino is over the top with criticism maybe, but he puts the club 1st above anyone, and this I like from a president.

KingLeo10

No doubt, you can't cut down legends at the first sign of trouble, but you also can't be keeping them for 6-7 fucking years while being crap, purely on nostalgia. Pique wasn't elite or even great in more than 5 years. He should have been a substitute for a good 2-3 years already. More like that.

I think Florentino is over the top with criticism maybe, but he puts the club 1st above anyone, and this I like from a president.

Agree on this. Middle ground is somewhere between Flo (too ruthless IMO) and Bartomeu, and closer to Flo.

Morten

He thinks he does, but does he in actuality?

You will never see leaks where Perez talks about his own failures, i suspect because he thinks he is infallible and has never admitted to make any mistakes.

That does not sound like a good leader to me.

cracken

Why couldn't they have hired a better translator ffs? No reason why these comments should be sounding like someone speaking a third language.

khaled_a_d

Agree on this. Middle ground is somewhere between Flo (too ruthless IMO) and Bartomeu, and closer to Flo.

Laporta first term was good in that tbf.
He gave Rijkaard, Deco, R10 the chance to revive themselves after showing complacency in 06/07, and then started a whole new era in 2008

serghei

He thinks he does, but does he in actuality?

You will never see leaks where Perez talks about his own failures, i suspect because he thinks he is infallible and has never admitted to make any mistakes.

That does not sound like a good leader to me.

He is a good leader. Not perfect and maybe is too arrogant himself, but he takes no shit from the legends. I think he learned his lessons from the Galactico era when all went to shit under his nose because of player power getting way out of hand.

Laporta first term was good in that tbf.
He gave Rijkaard, Deco, R10 the chance to revive themselves after showing complacency in 06/07, and then started a whole new era in 2008

Yea, Laporta is more of a tempered Florentino, but don't know if that is great or not. Madrid under Florentino is no1 club for performances. How many CLs did Florentino win as a President? Probably a record.

Morten

He is a good leader. Not perfect and maybe is too arrogant himself, but he takes no shit from the legends. I think he learned his lessons from the Galactico era when all went to shit under his nose because of player power getting way out of hand.

Wrong, because of his transfer policies, but im not surprised you defend him all the time.

Home of Barca Fans