Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

khaled_a_d

I wonder how many of the people who clicked Yes are truely on board with this concept, and how many are just currently discontent with UEFA and only want to see some shit set on fire.

I wonder the same.
It is used in most arguing, while people forget that clubs are as bad if not worse

Yannik

I wonder the same.
It is used in most arguing, while people forget that clubs are as bad if not worse

That phenomen is weird.

"Man the EU sucks atm, lets vote for Brexit."
"Man Obama was terrible, lets vote Trump"
"Man UEFA is correupt, off you pop Perez!"

People are often rightfully unhappy with shit going on. So as soon as someone proposes ANY change they jump the bandwagon.
Not thinking about the consequences, or questoning if it actually improves anything. It's more about gaslighting the status quo.

FinBarcelonafan

I am also against Super League format at this point, but we need to understand that things are not that straightforward.

FIFA and UEFA are corrupt organizations and current version of CL definitely needs to change. I am absolutely against closed system but no one can say that football fans wouldn't like to watch strongest teams compete against each other on a yearly basis.

There should be at least 3 tiers of Super League and probably some regional competitions bellow them. Teams should be able to be promoted and relegated from each league. If that happens I will definitely support SL. IMHO group stage of CL is boring as fuck and European League is a joke. Stronger teams often come there and play with their reserves. From the next season UEFA will also introduce Europa Conference League?!?! Who the fuck cares about that??? Who will even participate???

I am not saying that SL idea is perfect, far from that, but maybe things will start to move in the right direction after this shit show.

Well said. The CL is becoming worse and worse. Same with Euro and World Cup with more clubs. It's terrible. We don't need more shitty clubs/countries to competitions.

As much as I would love to see Finland play in World Cup, I don't want to because mostly it means the tournament is watered down and terrible quality. Euro and World cup should be tough to make and hard to qualify. Same as CL..

We need to start CUTTING teams in most of the competitions to keep up a great level.

Joan

Well said. The CL is becoming worse and worse. Same with Euro and World Cup with more clubs. It's terrible. We don't need more shitty clubs/countries to competitions.

As much as I would love to see Finland play in World Cup, I don't want to because mostly it means the tournament is watered down and terrible quality. Euro and World cup should be tough to make and hard to qualify. Same as CL..

We need to start CUTTING teams in most of the competitions to keep up a great level.

That won't happen any time soon.

Uefa's new proposal would welcome four more clubs in the new CL. And that's how it begins.

Matches generate income and as long as quantity is more important than quality, loosely speaking, that won't change.

FinBarcelonafan

That won't happen any time soon.

Uefa's new proposal would welcome four more clubs in the new CL. And that's how it begins.

Matches generate income and as long as quantity is more important than quality, loosely speaking, that won't change.

Short-term money gain and long-term lost viewership.

Euro, world cup and CL will suffer long-term with the current structure.

Most of the people i know felt Euro was shit quality and they keep adding more teams. It's disgrace. Same with World Cup. More and more shitty teams.

This will hurt football long-term. It's only money grab for Uefa/Fifa. They act all holy but are just as money greedy as top teams.

Quality of the league is measured by your competition. Most of the leagues should have less teams, not more anyways..

Last edited:

Newcomer

Short-term money gain and long-term lost viewership.

Euro, world cup and CL will suffer long-term with the current structure.

Most of the people i know felt Euro was shit quality and they keep adding more teams. It's disgrace. Same with World Cup. More and more shitty teams.

This will hurt football long-term. It's only money grab for Uefa/Fifa. They act all holy but are just as money greedy as top teams.

Quality of the league is measured by your competition. Most of the leagues should have less teams, not more anyways..

National teams football will always be "low quality" compared to clubs football. Why ? Because they train all year, implement tactic and recruit specific players to make it work. You don't have much time to work with a national team. This is also why France could win the World Cup with a very basic gameplan. Everyone defend solidly and then send fast balls to Mbapp? to transition very fast into attacking position.

The only teams who had a good level compared to club level are those made by a big majority of players being already together at club level, like Germany/Bayern or Spain/Bar?a+Real.

Super League is no competition because of founder status. It makes it just a bit more relevant and a lot more lucrative than ICC friendlies. I wonder if they got inspired by ICC shitty tournaments where you could grab easy money, eventually win a title and never lose out.

Porque

I'm on board. I think we need a re-structuring of the whole European football eco-system and don't think Uefa's updated plans are the solution.

Perhaps the SuperLeague incarnate of a few days ago wasn't either as there should have been a limitations on the founding state term and the financial distribution should have been more equitable.

Although in a way In understand the relegation immunity as setting up something against Uefa wishes (with them having to adopt and work with you in the future) would have needed some guarantee for the clubs taking the risk and for tv rights and sponsors to come on board.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
The real problem in football is that the player wages have become absurd. The salary cap will solve this frenzy. Right now, a huge chunk of money goes into the players' and agents' pockets. Limit that, and you will see a better distribution of talent, and more money will be available for transfers.

Limit the money that players earn. The contracts of the stars today are a huge financial burden on the clubs. The problem isn't on revenue, it's on expenditure. Clubs are spending too much money on transfers and players because the financial demands of all parties: players, clubs, agents have all spiraled out of control.

Salary caps are a terrible way to try equalize competition. They will just ultimately lead to the owners of clubs pocking all the profits rather than investing and the funds going towards the players. Salary caps also need to be implemented globally for them to be effective, otherwise players will just move to leagues where there are no salary caps.

Don't get me wrong I personally think football is fucked and dumb fucks that can kick a ball earn way too much for what they contribute to society but "it is what it is"

Home of Barca Fans