Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

Do you agree with the concept of a European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raketa10

Boring for who?

For anyone with eyes. Do you honestly claim that watching Barca or Bayern play against Ferencvaros or Slavia is interesting? It's like watching La Lakers play against Alba Berlin. From the start we all know who would win.

Last edited:

Raketa10

You may like it or not but it's the truth. Differences are to big and the gap between top 20 clubs and the rest is huge.

Andresito

Staff member
For anyone with eyes. Do you honestly claim that watching Barca or Bayern play against Ferencvaros or Slavia is interesting? It's like watching La Lakers play against Alba Berlin. From the start we all know who would win.

What about fans and players of those smaller teams? Especially when people are allowed on the stadiums. It's basically once in a lifetime to watch Messi in your stadium or even play against him. Don't think these people find it 'boring' even if they are huge underdogs.

jairzinho

Sounds like a fascinating idea but the ripple effects on the rest of the leagues and football as a whole would be damaging. Nobody would really give a fuck about the other leagues. What would become of La Liga, Prem, Seria A without the big clubs?. Less TV money etc. Nobody would watch it. Huge mess. What should happen is some sort of revitalized CL format.

hardyboy

There should be a proper system inplace. Clubs needs to qualify to play it in their domestic league. I'd support it if it replaces Champions league but with proper format not this formation club bullshit.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is the initial format. No worries about leaving out interesting clubs if they arise.

Mitchell1978

I don't care about the promotion-relegation, i want to see the best vs the best and the current CL format is shit.

This could be better.

Windhook

Boring for Barca fans, I understand, but there are millions of people that get excitement just facing a past glory teams like Arsenal and Milan, not to mention the opportunity to watch Leo Messi live from the stands. Eastern European teams generate a lot of income from these matches and gain experience from playing with the big clubs. Now that door has closed. This will gradually bring football in rest of Europe to a backward level, turning CL into another Copa Libertadores level competition.

Another issue that just came up in my mind. What's the future of all those clubs fighting for the additional 5 qualifier spots. What happens when they get knocked out in the early stages? I mean in case the worst UEFA scenario is in place, that ESL clubs are banned from competing in their respective national leagues?

Morten

I don't care about the promotion-relegation, i want to see the best vs the best and the current CL format is shit.

This could be better.

But its only partly about "the best vs the best", clubs like Arsenal or AC Milan are no where near the best.

Home of Barca Fans