La Liga | Round 30: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-1

hardyboy

Messi and Griezmann needs to show up if we gotta win. We'll be in trouble if both have a bad game.

Messi983

3 wins for RM, one draw and one win for Barca in previous 5 El Clasicos he was a ref.

Mateu already whistled the last Cl?sico with Madrid at home, the last before the pandemic that was played at the Santiago Bernab?u. On that occasion, the Whites won 2-0 with goals from Vin?cius and Mariano. In addition, another whistled at the Camp Nou, on March 22, 2015, with a 2-1 Bar?a victory.

There are also Cl?sicos in other competitions, such as the 2012 Spanish Super Cup, with Whites victory in the second leg 2-1, the 2014 Cup final, also with Whites triumph due to the same result, or the first leg of the 2018-19 Cup semifinals, with 1-1 at the Camp Nou.

In particular, Real Madrid has led 41 games in all competitions. In the League, Madrid won 24 of the 33 matches that Mateu called, drew 3 and lost 6. In the Cup they met in 7 matches, with 4 wins, 2 draws and a single defeat. In the Super Cup, Madrid won the only time the Valencian whistled.

In the case of FC Barcelona, ​​he has met Lahoz 42 times. 34 in the League, 7 in the Cup and one in the Super Cup. The balance is 26 league victories for the Catalans, three in the Cup and defeat in the only supercoper match. As for defeats, Bar?a fell twice in the Cup with Mateu and another two in the League. The rest, all draws: six in the League and two in the Cup.

In the section on expulsions, Mateu showed the red on four occasions to Real Madrid players, while the Bar?a players have been sent off six times.

Overall balance for both teams when he was a ref is pretty balanced. I don't think he has an actual preference for either team, the problem with him is he always wants to be in the spotlight, especially in big games. And this usually leads to problems.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
we need Fatih to come here and say that Madrid will win. Only then I'll be absolutely confident in Barca's victory.

Messi983

we need Fatih to come here and say that Madrid will win. Only then I'll be absolutely confident in Barca's victory.

1440x810_cmsv2_5d527f34-3ab1-5124-825f-84c1acabadd7-4139602.jpg

- The right side of Madrid is their weak spot defensively (Vasquez and Militao). We should exploit that !
- Dembele off-the ball movement will be crucial; he should get coaching on: not only get in spaces behind the line; but also on how to create space for a Messi run (like Suarez did in the past); because Madrid won't play with an advanced high-line I think. So we should play "smart".
- I expect J.Alba and F.De Jong to be important keys in our win, I hope so!
- We should alternate between two styles of play: playing a long serie of slow possession sometimes to make the opponent run and chase the ball + playing a high-intensity game for at least 15 minutes each half (they cannot run too much because they have 3 games in a week).
- Outside any tactical and technical consideration, the mental preparation of the team will have a high-impact on the outcome of such a game. We should be mentally ready for anything.. A mindset of winners, gladiators, champions, while keeping the nerves and concentration. Koeman should focus on that !

Last edited:

SmilerBam

Messi and Griezmann needs to show up if we gotta win. We'll be in trouble if both have a bad game.

Cardioman surely will show up.In the defence that is,in the offense he'll have all the back passes in the world.Than to go on substituted by Trincao.

Home of Barca Fans