La Liga | Round 30: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-1

mesiesta

When it comes to dominating the midfield I actually think the 3-4-3 is better with Frenkie pushing up from CB and with Griezmann & Messi playing more narrowly also very involved in the center.

Despite only playing 2 midfielders on paper, in reality it's rather 4 or even 5 players in the battle vs Casemiro, Kroos and Modric.

Yes, this also sounds legit. In Koeman we trust, hope he will choose the best possible tactics for that game.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
If we play like form vs PSG 2nd leg, Sevilla 2nd leg CDR, away from home vs Real Sociedad etc we will simply outclass them and beat them with not much problem unless pure bad luck. Please relax any fans who have doubt and enjoy :barcaflag:

Modric and Kross are excellent ballers, but not really good at defending in large spaces. If we want to reduce their impact and energy, we should make them run continously and chase the ball. That will make the madrid's team less effective. At the same time, we should aim at limiting the space given to Vinicius; his is their main weapon when it comes to the quick transitions from defence to attack!

behindbrowneyes

When it comes to dominating the midfield I actually think the 3-4-3 is better with Frenkie pushing up from CB and with Griezmann & Messi playing more narrowly also very involved in the center.

Despite only playing 2 midfielders on paper, in reality it's rather 4 or even 5 players in the battle vs Casemiro, Kroos and Modric.

I couldn't agree more. Got totally dominated by the PSG midfield in the first leg. In the return leg, it was the opposite. 3-4-3 is the way to go against a team with a strong mid. That way Busi's weaknesses don't get exposed as much and he can play with his strenghts. Mingueza + wingback besides a Libero offer far more protection against a pacey winger like Mbappe or Vinicius. Not that Mingueza (who had an early yellow card and looked physically shattered early in first half) and Dest coming back from his injury did particularly well, but someone like Firpo playing out of position more or less shutting down Mbappe was pretty telling.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans