La Liga | Round 30: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-1

JamDav1982

So Araujo for Griezmann compared to the usual lineup, making buildup a bit tougher but having one more player in midfield and one more player able to head the crosses away. Might be a good lineup, even though I'd obviously prefer the unrealistic option of Puig for Griezmann.
I do not think that Koeman will put Greasy on the bench though, if he chooses to change the formation as you write, maybe he will have Griezmann on instead of Dembele...

No chance Dembele will be dropped and allow Real to play defence at half way line with no threat in behind.

He will play as he deserves to and to try to offer threat of pace in behind so that they drop deep and get Messi nearer their penalty area.

Same starting line up will play again.

The key of the win is to to control the midfield and don't let them play forward passing + a good defence on the runs of Vinicius + don't let Asensio get shots on the goal

bismp

We have won like 15 of the last 16 games or something and we've been showing some fighting spirit lately..Calma [gfy]https://gfycat.com/scornfulwigglyamericanmarten[/gfy]

The first power of Real Madrid in big games is in its midfield: the old trio Kross, Modric, Casemiro. They are very complementary, and in a good day can dominate any midfield.
We should know how to neutralize their powers and not let them impose their own rhythm like they want to do often.

Hardy

think we should play with same lineup against sevillia with arajuo instead of grizzy.

Horatio

You're welcome
We have won like 15 of the last 16 games or something and we've been showing some fighting spirit lately..Calma [gfy]https://gfycat.com/scornfulwigglyamericanmarten[/gfy]

Problem is pace. Vinicius got a lot of it. If he's going to have a great game he might get us in trouble.

SmilerBam

All the doom and gloom after a Madrid win, so typical of Barcaforum.

Yeah,laughable.Sure,Madrid played well,but Liverpool were pathetic.Back to their level pre 2017 it seems.They are a spent force.I'm sure Real will have a much harder game against us.Anyway,let's beat the cunts!

FCBfan22

Look...

For those worrying about Vinicius finding his shooting boots... Dembele has found them too. Looking to this tie objectively, like it or not, we are quit similar at this point. We have a shaky defense with good midfield. We both have a pacy attacker, who can shit on FB's but couldn't score until recently. We both have good GK's. We both have a player in attack, who can't be left alone in the box (Benz, Leo).

Where RM gains is the midfield (if FDJ is a sweeper again). Where we gain are the fullbacks (Alba and Dest are better). If we bench Lenglet, our defense is better altogether.

It'll be a close tie.

mesiesta

The key of the win is to to control the midfield and don't let them play forward passing + a good defence on the runs of Vinicius + don't let Asensio get shots on the goal

Then probably 4-3-3 will be a better tactics with FDJ-Busquets as pivots than 3-5-2 with Busquets - Pedri in the middle.

JerseyAddict

I have just read that they had 78 long balls... when you see a midfield of Kroos-Modric-Casemiro and to see 78 loooooong balls... masterclass.

Andresito

Staff member
Then probably 4-3-3 will be a better tactics with FDJ-Busquets as pivots than 3-5-2 with Busquets - Pedri in the middle.

When it comes to dominating the midfield I actually think the 3-4-3 is better with Frenkie pushing up from CB and with Griezmann & Messi playing more narrowly also very involved in the center.

Despite only playing 2 midfielders on paper, in reality it's rather 4 or even 5 players in the battle vs Casemiro, Kroos and Modric.

Home of Barca Fans