Who would you sign: Haaland or Mbappe?

Kylian Mbappe or Erling Braut Haaland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Has the government bailed any business out during Covid? Whether Spanish government or Catalan one?
I can see it happening only if they have done it to other corporates, not as an exception.

From what I have read, they have not bailed out any specific businesses, however they did promise to issue some sort of relief funds to the sport sector, for example 10m loan from the Catalan government for Catalan sport entities affected by COVID. That is chunk change considering there are so many sport entities and businesses that were affected. I don’t think the Spanish government or the Catalan government will bail out any specific entities, they don’t have the capacity not the appetite. If they bail out one, others will want to be bailed out too and that is simply not going to work.

Yannik

Right, I remembered you mentioned about living there before. I have never been to the Canary Islands, I am guessing they are less developed compared to the Spanish mainland? I would have thought the islands would look pretty posh considering there are lot of tourists and residents from other EU countries. Emmm..

Well the thing about all these pretty tourism islands in the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Carribean etc is that they have designated tourist areas which look pretty and actually clean. But once you go a bit off road, everything looks very, very different.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well the thing about all these pretty tourism islands in the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Carribean etc is that they have designated tourist areas which look pretty and actually clean. But once you go a bit off road, everything looks very, very different.

True, my experience in the Dominican Republic can attest to that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is absolutely nothing to suggest the government in any way will bail out Barca or Real Madrid if it comes to that.

It might force the clubs to change their structure to a SAD though which is a type of public limited company reserved for sports clubs, but that's the last option.

Likelier options are basically selling out stadium name, training ground name, whatever it is for a longer duration than the club ideally want for more money.

Once the COVID situation settles down and people are back at stadiums it'll start getting back to normal again. Barca cannot spend hundred of millions every summer, but there will be options available for a major transfer or two the next 2-3 years while we keep restructuring the club and our wage structure.

I understand it's tough to understand for people who follow clubs in other countries and don't quite understand the structure of clubs like Barca, but the only people Barca answer to are the socis and the club itself.

The debt is worrying, but it's not a death sentence.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If there is one thing the Spanish and especially the Catalan government can do to help is to reduce the tax burden we have. We are paying more taxes in Barcelona and Catalonia than we would have if say we were located in Madrid, and more if we have been relocated, hypothetically to other EU countries.

KingLeo10

They are both WC,
Haaland fits a team like Pep's City who creates tons and camp on the opposition box, while
Mbape fits a team like Klop's Liverpool who utilizes space at the back, plays counter-pressing to create counters, and gets goals from wide-forwards

Depends what team we want to be.
Voted for Haaland, as I think we will soon be closer to City

:lol::lol: Liverpool's style this season is languishing in mid table and getting blown out by bums.

Windhook

No idea why I voted for Mbappe. Not a fan of both of them, although they are great players, it's just my general dislike for arrogant players. Also prove me wrong, but the last MEGA transfer was CR7 to Madrid in 2009, that repaid fully the money invested. Barca especially misfired with Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann.

khaled_a_d

No idea why I voted for Mbappe. Not a fan of both of them, although they are great players, it's just my general dislike for arrogant players. Also prove me wrong, but the last MEGA transfer was CR7 to Madrid in 2009, that repaid fully the money invested. Barca especially misfired with Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann.

I would argue that Bale,Neymar, Suarez all repaid their value and was successful transfers.
If PSG wins CL or at least reach another final, both Mpabbe and Neymar was worth investment.

Windhook

I would argue that Bale,Neymar, Suarez all repaid their value and was successful transfers.
If PSG wins CL or at least reach another final, both Mpabbe and Neymar was worth investment.

Bale, I acknowledge, repaid fully with his goals in those CL finals. Won Real Madrid 4 titles in the tournament. Overall he was pretty much average in performance and I sense he's not going to be remembered as club icon. Just the way RM fans think of Steve McManaman nowadays.

Suarez won the club a single CL and post-2015 was ON/OFF in display, especially against park the bus ATM and Juventus games in CL. It's arguable, I'm 50/50 on him.

Officially Neymar was bought for 57 million, his greedy family received additional 40m in bonuses, which I count as part of his salary, not MEGA transfer. Left the club in 2017 after which the decline started.

Even if PSG win CL this season, no way they get 400m (the amount they paid for those 2 to Barca and Monaco) from any revenues - TV rights, competition bonuses or shirt sales. Where I live I just see Messi and CR7 shirts. No Neymar at PSG, not to mention Mbappe.

Joan

Suarez is Barca's third top scorer in history, we were quite dominant with him in the league. Surely one of the better transfers.

Messi983

None of them but I voted for Mbappe as he has the same initials as the guy we should sign. ;)

kazuyoshi-miura_gqfo2i5riwjx133ftx1l72mm1.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think Mbappe will catch up to Haaland here.

Time for another poll soon.

Home of Barca Fans