Who would you sign: Haaland or Mbappe?

Kylian Mbappe or Erling Braut Haaland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Curious to see the results here. Let's assume for a minute Barca are in a position to sign either one of them. Which player do you think Barca should pursue and sign?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Slightly leaning toward Mbappe right now, need to watch Haaland more often to either confirm or alleviate my concerns.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Worth noting both Mbappe and Haaland are sponsored by Nike who's also our sponsor.

That's not to say Nike will pay a part of the transfer fee, but it'll be in their interests that both these players move to a club sponsored by them.

malvolio

Both seem to be idiots, for different reasons. But I would lean towards Mbumppe as he's more proven at the highest level and has more tricks up his sleeve.

Wouldn't say no to either, even though these transfers would be similar to the Neymar one, in terms of added circus

Vilarrubi

Haaland has 4 goals and 1 assist in 3 games vs Bayern this season. 4 goals and 1 assist in 2 games vs Sevilla. Scored against Liverpool, PSG and Napoli last season in CL.

Clearly a special player and can do it in CL as well as Bundesliga which hasn’t been a good indicator of talent recently.

Mbappe has been underwhelming in CL, I’m sure I read his hat trick against us was first KO goals since 2019......

JamDav1982

Either would improve Barca clearly but for current team and what is needed now for Messi if he stays would be Haaland.

khaled_a_d

Tough choice tbh.
I would give Mpabbe slight edge, but not sure if I will have same answer if you ask me in 20 minutes :p

Andresito

Staff member
What's Mbappe's best position? Haven't seen too many games with him dominating as a 9. Buying him and hoping he'll be the long term 9 we need feels very much like the Griezmann and Coutinho transfers.

Mbappe LW, Ansu CF?

khaled_a_d

Haaland.

Zlatan 2.0 and younger than Mbappe. Be nice to actually be a threat in the air.

Halaand has scored 6 headed goals in his entire young career (he scored 96), same number as Lenglet done for Barca since he joined. Mpabbe (who is 19 months older) has only 7.
Sure, Halaand is most likely a better in that area, but it doesn't seem like he will be that great in it. Doesn't seem to have that ability to out jump opponents.

khaled_a_d

What's Mbappe's best position? Haven't seen too many games with him dominating as a 9. Buying him and hoping he'll be the long term 9 we need feels very much like the Griezmann and Coutinho transfers.

Mbappe LW, Ansu CF?

Honestly, he is a modern day SS who has free space to play.
In current gameplan, he is perfect in Dembele role.
In 433, it will be him and Fati rotating and exchanging places between 9 and LW, such switches is usually either super effective or disastrous

Home of Barca Fans