Lisandro Martinez

HanDW

I thought he was a left-back but apparently he has played centerback in a lot of games this season.

Surprising considering its height (only 1.78m), is he playing Copa with Argentina ?

soul24rage

I thought he was a left-back but apparently he has played centerback in a lot of games this season.

Surprising considering its height (only 1.78m), is he playing Copa with Argentina ?

He's versatile. He has played in LB and CB for Ajax this season. He can also play in CDM as well.

He should be starting for the NT imo, but I honestly don't think he will be selected for the squad as Scaloni has a hard on for Otamendi who plays in Martinez's position.

Messi983

According to Ajax's official site and whoscored he's actually only 1.75m. But still, his height is not really a problem with me. We've had success with shorter CBs. Masche is 1.74, Puyol is 1.78m, the same as Kounde (who a lot of us would like here).

Is Marcos Senesi better than him, isn't he?

I've never watched Senesi so can't tell but I think we might prefer Martinez due to his versatility. Firpo will leave and I'm not sure if Valencia will really sell Gaya for as cheap as some people expect so he could cover for Alba as well as being a rotational CB (unless he'd prove he deserves to start). If we'll want to have a shorter bench (to save costs on players that are rarely used) then we'll need to have a few versatile players on the bench.

Also, looking at their respective whoscored match ratings (which I know can be misleading) it seems Lisandro is more consistent. Senesi could have a great game followed by a very poor one while Martnez always seems to perform from (above) average to very good.

khaled_a_d

According to Ajax's official site and whoscored he's actually only 1.75m. But still, his height is not really a problem with me. We've had success with shorter CBs. Masche is 1.74, Puyol is 1.78m, the same as Kounde (who a lot of us would like here).

I've never watched Senesi so can't tell but I think we might prefer Martinez due to his versatility. Firpo will leave and I'm not sure if Valencia will really sell Gaya for as cheap as some people expect so he could cover for Alba as well as being a rotational CB (unless he'd prove he deserves to start). If we'll want to have a shorter bench (to save costs on players that are rarely used) then we'll need to have a few versatile players on the bench.

Also, looking at their respective whoscored match ratings (which I know can be misleading) it seems Lisandro is more consistent. Senesi could have a great game followed by a very poor one while Martnez always seems to perform from (above) average to very good.

Kounde is 1.81 actually, which is a below average for CB.
I agree that the appeal for Martinez is most likely his versatility, although it comes with a non-eu spot

JPM85

As said in the transfer topic, the guy is like a copy of Javier.
He doesn?t really belong on the left back position, but really shines on CB and could move to CDM in case of.

Porque

This guy looks like he can be a decent wingback, CB and even DMC without excelling in any. Interesting signing. Though you could argue that for 25m you could sign a player with a bit more quality- esp if their contract is expiring in 2022.

Seems a Sevilla kind of level signing. Which is not a bad thing I guess, seeing as that is our level right now. :rockon:

Messi983

Kounde is 1.81 actually, which is a below average for CB.
I agree that the appeal for Martinez is most likely his versatility, although it comes with a non-eu spot

He's listed at 1.78 on Sevilla's official site.

https://sevillafc.es/en/teams/first-team/j-kounde

Don't think Martinez being a non-EU player should be a reason for not signing him if the club likes him. We currently have Araujo and Fernandes (who will surely leave) occupying non-EU spots with Emerson coming in but he's apparently close to get Spanish passport. There will be three years since Araujo has signed for Barca B this summer so I think he should get Spanish passport sooner or later as well if needed. And there are no serious rumours linking us to other non-EU players so don't see non-EU spots as something we should really think too much about right now.

khaled_a_d

He's listed at 1.78 on Sevilla's official site.

https://sevillafc.es/en/teams/first-team/j-kounde

Don't think Martinez being a non-EU player should be a reason for not signing him if the club likes him. We currently have Araujo and Fernandes (who will surely leave) occupying non-EU spots with Emerson coming in but he's apparently close to get Spanish passport. There will be three years since Araujo has signed for Barca B this summer so I think he should get Spanish passport sooner or later as well if needed. And there are no serious rumours linking us to other non-EU players so don't see non-EU spots as something we should really think too much about right now.

Araujo got passport last year, but in general you would always prefer your non-eu to be sure starter

Messi983

Araujo got passport last year, but in general you would always prefer your non-eu to be sure starter

Sure, ideally we would save those spots for key players. But we've just used one on Matheus this season and Douglas in the past.

Neymar was really our only non-EU player who became a clear starter and key player in last decade. Paulinho and Vidal also had important roles while Arthur and Malcom failed to establish themselves.

Are you sure about Araujo? TM says he has Uruguayan and Brazilian passport but they don't mention Spanish. Wouldn't be the first time they're wrong though.

Home of Barca Fans