La Liga | Round 29: FC Barcelona - Valladolid 1-0

Morten

Barca should take this comfortably, so im more interested in who gets yellow cards in this match.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Skimming through Valladolids recent games; mostly draws (one against Sevilla), then a win against Getafe and a 0-1 loss against Real Madrid, where most stats were reasonably equal and Casemiro decided the game with half an hour to go...
I think it's another game that screams loss of points tbh. Barcelona won comfortably the last game though and should of course win.

Frenkie never looked tired to me during the season, and if he plays as a defender as I want, fatigue in the game after will be even less of a problem I think.

Slevinn

Skimming through Valladolids recent games; mostly draws (one against Sevilla), then a win against Getafe and a 0-1 loss against Real Madrid, where most stats were reasonably equal and Casemiro decided the game with half an hour to go...
I think it's another game that screams loss of points tbh. Barcelona won comfortably the last game though and should of course win.

Frenkie never looked tired to me during the season, and if he plays as a defender as I want, fatigue in the game after will be even less of a problem I think.
He shouldn?t play tomorrow. It?s not worth the risk.

Andresito

Staff member
Easy game on paper, 5-0 expectations, Messi hattrick etc. But I can see this game being close, at least in the first half: 0-0 or even 0-1 after 45 min.

This'll be a big test of the players' mentality knowing there's a very important game up ahead. Which is also why I don't think Frenkie will sit this one out.

Have to see every game as a final from now on, as much of a cliche as it is. Our sloppiness in the first half of the season removed the wiggle room for fuckups at this point.
I'm actually a bit nervous for the ending of the season and I can imagine the players are as well. We've played with close to no pressure in 2021.

behindbrowneyes

Games after an international break always have been an issue. However, the match being played on a Monday is bit of an advantage. I hope the team didn't lose momentum during the international break.

Valladolid did well in recent games and should not be underestimated. I expect the team to go out there with confidence and 100% effort now that Atletico is within reach. That's exactly the moment they have worked hard for in 2021.

Andresito

Staff member
No Pique or Roberto. Ilaix is in, despite playing the full game with B team on Saturday. Konrad and Tenas played as well, but are mostly travelling as mascots at this point.

EyM2B8dXEAEINjc

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, we're saving Pique for El Clasico where he'll probably start without any rhythm or fitness just like against PSG.

Vilarrubi

So, we're saving Pique for El Clasico where he'll probably start without any rhythm or fitness just like against PSG.

I think this is a good sign that he doesn’t play Clasico. Would surely need some match fitness and hopefully Koeman isn’t dumb enough to do that again.

Home of Barca Fans