La Liga | Round 29: FC Barcelona - Valladolid 1-0

Andresito

Staff member
Valladolid are having quite a crisis in their squad with many players sick, injured or suspended.

Vilarrubi

Koeman: “We know Messi and De Jong are close to one yellow card from the suspension, but I don’t think it’s time to rest, there are only 10 games left. The risk is always there, the players must remember that. I have to place the team I believe is the best tomorrow.”

Hardy

messi ok, think he has enough experience to play a game without getting a yellow, especially in this stage of his career where pretty much walks 90% of the game, playing de jong would be a really retard move, don't need him to beat valladolid come on ronald, don't be stupid

Bobo32

I think the team should've been rotated a lot more on a whole under the season.
But I think resting Frenkie and Messi tomorrow would send the wrong signals no doubt, I am with Koeman there. If they both foolishly recieved a yellow, Barcelona could still win against Real Madrid no problem.

soul24rage

Messi I could understand, but FDJ playing? Especially with the amount of games that he played over the international breaks and over the course of the season? Stupid move imo.

Andresito

Staff member
Frenkie is (I think) the player with most minutes played this season incl. NT, in the biggest leagues.

Home of Barca Fans