Julian Nagelsmann

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Dominik Szoboszlai? Bayern reportedly showed strong interest in him before he signed with Leipzig. Or Brian Brobbey, if he turns out to be a good scorer in Bundesliga.

Yeah, Bayern will definitely get Nagelsmann since he already agreed to join them, just a matter of how much money Leipzig will settle to let him go.

Slightly off-topic : How much truth is there in how they managed to sign Gnabry. Supposedly they "used" Bremen to buy Gnabry because they would get him for less compared to Bayern approaching Arsenal directly. After that they activated a clause that conveniently only Bayern could use.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Slightly off-topic : How much truth is there in how they managed to sign Gnabry. Supposedly they "used" Bremen to buy Gnabry because they would get him for less compared to Bayern approaching Arsenal directly. After that they activated a clause that conveniently only Bayern could use.

I don't know. If I am not mistaken Gnabry at the time wasn't getting many minutes at Arsenal and was loaned out, he only had like one year left on his contract and wanted to leave. Arsenal didn't want to renew him even though Wenger liked him. I doubt he would have fetched a significant transfer fee if Bayern had bought him directly from Arsenal since he was more of an unproven, marginalized youth player and talent (long been known in the circles of German football).

However the fact that Bremen sold him to Bayern merely a year after they signed him from Arsenal, and after the fact Gnabry scored 11 goals for them (not that bad) does raise some eyebrows.

FinBarcelonafan

Annoying that Bayern pick and choose the very best in their league with ease. It's like us shopping from Atletico and Real Madrid. The rest of the teams can't even be arsed to properly challenge. They already got used to competing for whatever Bayern gives them, a cup and a supercup here and there.

So true. Of course, we wouldn't complain if we could get all the best prospects playing for Madrid's too.. that would be sweet but terrible for the league.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know. If I am not mistaken Gnabry at the time wasn't getting many minutes at Arsenal and was loaned out, he only had like one year left on his contract and wanted to leave. Arsenal didn't want to renew him even though Wenger liked him. I doubt he would have fetched a significant transfer fee if Bayern had bought him directly from Arsenal since he was more of an unproven, marginalized youth player and talent (long been known in the circles of German football).

However the fact that Bremen sold him to Bayern merely a year after they signed him from Arsenal, and after the fact Gnabry scored 11 goals for them (not that bad) does raise some eyebrows.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Bayern did a similar deal with Bremen like we did with Real Betis for Emerson.

Yannik

Wasnt exactly like Valverde and Luis Enrique were free agents either when Barca picked them up.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Wasnt exactly like Valverde and Luis Enrique were free agents either when Barca picked them up.

They were from mid table teams. Valverde finished 7th with Athletic and Lucho 9th with Celta before coming to Barca.

Bayern are clearing out both the shitty teams and the teams that are supposed to challenge them. Talk about monopoly.

Yannik

They were from mid table teams. Valverde finished 7th with Athletic and Lucho 9th with Celta before coming to Barca.

Whats the difference when they're still in the same league playing 2 games vs each other? I'd say the only reason why Barca cant buy stuff from Real Madrid is because a Real Madrid player doesnt see Barca as an upgrade.
From all the other clubs Barca can and does buy.

serghei

Whats the difference when they're still in the same league playing 2 games vs each other? I'd say the only reason why Barca cant buy stuff from Real Madrid is because a Real Madrid player doesnt see Barca as an upgrade.
From all the other clubs Barca can and does buy.

No, it's because the Barca - Madrid rivalry makes it nearly impossible. I bet you all the Madrid players saw 2009 Barca as an upgrade at the time. It's just that the rivalry is too big. FFS, Madrid put anti-Barca clauses when they sell their players to a different team. They not only will not trade directly with Barca, but will try to stop other teams from doing that with the players they sell. They compete for titles, so one of the first things you need to do is to keep your best player and not strengthen your domestic rivals. The only team in Bundesliga for which not winning a big title is considered a failure is Bayern.

Yannik

No, it's because the Barca - Madrid rivalry makes it nearly impossible. I bet you all the Madrid players saw 2009 Barca as an upgrade at the time. It's just that the rivalry is too big. FFS, Madrid put anti-Barca clauses when they sell their players to a different team. They not only will not trade directly with Barca, but will try to stop other teams from doing that with the players they sell. They compete for titles, so one of the first things you need to do is to keep your best player and not strengthen your domestic rivals. The only team in Bundesliga for which not winning a big title is considered a failure is Bayern.

It's more to do with the fact that Madrid can afford to pay even the likes of Alaba 20-25m on annual wages, so these players dont push for any move in the first place. PL clubs cant buy from there either.
Clubs in Germany can not afford that, hardly comparable, even Bayern struggles at that point.

Last edited:

serghei

It's more to do with the fact that Madrid can afford to pay even the likes of Alaba 20-25m on annual wages, so these players dont push for any move in the first place. PL clubs cant buy from there either.
Clubs in Germany can not afford that, hardly comparable, even Bayern struggles at that point.

It's not just money. That's part of it. The main part is this fierce historic rivalry that doesn't exist in Germany.

It's all too friendly in Germany. I couldn't believe last year, after they lost the league 0-1 to Bayern at home the BvB guys were all smiles as if it was some preseason friendly game. Something like "eh, we gave it a go, we'll try again next season". :lol:

raskolnikov

Ivr said this bedore but other Bundesliga clubs lack ambition.
Same with Dortmund back in the day with Lewa. He left on a free to Bayern and they applauded him and were honored.

Imagine Iniesta going to Madrid and everyone being fine with it.

If you run a top 5 Bundesliga club you need a fuck Bayern mindset to break the hegemony.
Which results in no player goes directly to Bayern.
If a player has 2 years left he gets 3 choices: 1. Stay with the project and renew
2. Join another club except Bayern
3. If he wants to leave on a free and possibly already agreed to Bayern he will walk laps around the field every day till his contract expires.
A d serve as a ballboy during matches.

That way you cut of Bayerns easy supply in good cheap Bundeslige experienced players.
If you dont take this approach no other club will ever win Bundesliga again.
Or if they do they get craddle robbed by Bayern the next summer.

A paradigm shift in mindset is obligatory if Bundesliga clubs ever want to get past being Bayerns minions.

Yannik

It's not just money. That's part of it.

It's not just "part of it", it's the major fucking reason in football why some clubs can buy everyone without ever having to sell someone, while others cant keep players.
This forum has this superweird habit of constantly barcasplaining small teams with like a 5th of Barcas annual budget budget into how their clubs should instead be run.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Ivr said this bedore but other Bundesliga clubs lack ambition.
Same with Dortmund back in the day with Lewa. He left on a free to Bayern and they applauded him and were honored.

Imagine Iniesta going to Madrid and everyone being fine with it.

If you run a top 5 Bundesliga club you need a fuck Bayern mindset to break the hegemony.
Which results in no player goes directly to Bayern.
If a player has 2 years left he gets 3 choices: 1. Stay with the project and renew
2. Join another club except Bayern
3. If he wants to leave on a free and possibly already agreed to Bayern he will walk laps around the field every day till his contract expires.
A d serve as a ballboy during matches.

That way you cut of Bayerns easy supply in good cheap Bundeslige experienced players.
If you dont take this approach no other club will ever win Bundesliga again.
Or if they do they get craddle robbed by Bayern the next summer.

A paradigm shift in mindset is obligatory if Bundesliga clubs ever want to get past being Bayerns minions.

It's probably some sort of inside deal, you can't play in Bundesliga without giving up your best players to Bayern. :koeman:

Home of Barca Fans