La Liga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Huesca 4-1

Birdy

Not the best of games IMO.
3 golazos by Messi and Griezman, BUT

- We didn't create enough big chances, only De Jong's after his run into the box. Huesca, on the contrary, created 2 huge chances (apart from the ridiculous PK). They out-chance-ed us it means.

- The above was the outcome of less defensive control and less attacking penetration than all the previous games: They parked their double Decker bus really well, and the few times they broke they did it effectively.

- I think the problem is with the 3-5-2/3-4-3:
It looks ideal when you play a quality opponent (our best games of the season against Sevilla twive and PSG), since it creates conditions of defensive stability with the positioning of the players on the pitch
It does not keep the balance between attack and defense against less quality opponents that tend to defend massively inside the box: it invites more of our players to storm forward leaving gaps that can be exploited.
I think the 4-3-3 in the second hald worked better against them.

We will see, but I am happy that Koeman and his assistants do not become complacent and still play around formations and approaches

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bottom of the table but remarkable how technical the team is, they shared possession percentage with Barca at Camp Nou and got into dangerous scoring positions with ease - simply couldn't convert

That, for me, was a highlight of how different Spanish & English leagues are in terms of football - Sheffield United is never going to play like that

Birdy

That, for me, was a highlight of how different Spanish & English leagues are in terms of football - Sheffield United is never going to play like that

Not wanting to take anything away from Huesca (who should not be in the relegation zone anyway), this is simply not true.
The games of the top4 in LaLiga against teams from 8th-20th position are most of the times easy cruise, unless the team itself is not in a decent shape.

On the contrary, in EPL top-7 have to struggle to win even against the bottom 3.

Porque

Not avidly following the EPL but how did Sheffield United turn from finishing 9th and at one point near CL qualification to the shit they are this season.

On the side of the table West Ham were 16th last year and lingering with relegation in the final games and now sit 5th.

Bobo32

This was the first game since Betis where Barcelona actually lost the expected goal stat. Can't really count on goals like those from Messi or Griezmann!

Home of Barca Fans