Mateu Alemany

khaled_a_d

has this guy ever done something in his professional career, beside getting jobs just because his name is cruyff?

Done brilliant as SD in Cyprus & Israel. But there is obviously huge difference in quality and pressure between this jobs and Barca

xxxxxx

All he needs to have is Barcelona DNA and he's good to go. It really doesn't matter about the experience.

mc_lovin

It must suck to be consistently reduced to your last name. I wont pretend to know him or how good of a job he would do. I just hope you guys did more research before bashing him. Maybe read an interview or something.

Windhook

Of course Overmars is much more proven in a major club as Ajax are, but Jordi Cruyff knows how both acadamies work, having trained at Ajax and Barcelona in his youth, familiar with the club's surrounding. Also as [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] said he was brilliant in Cyprus and Israel - Maccabi were regular in the group stages of European competitions for years, something rare for Israeli football. Also I believe if his career wasn't marred by injuries in the 90's he could have become a great player of his own, it's just sad people back then viewed him as this protege of his father.

I'd rather have him as SD at Barcelona, but his recent fascination with managerial position could be obstacle.

FC433

Should start working from this moment. Alaba, Garcia, Wijnaldum, and Depay are free agents. Talking to Umtiti and Pjanic will not hurt our season, so we may as well start looking for what we can do with them.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
With Valencia languishing in the lower half of the table, Alemany had a major rebuild on his hands and one of his key decisions was bringing in Marcelino as head coach, ahead of Quique Setien, who had been wanted by the previous sporting director Jose Ramon Alexanco.

Already a GOAT in my book.

Messi983

Looks like Ramon Planes will stay and work with Alemany. Good news imo, I like him.

Barcelona told Ramon Planes that next season he will remain at Bar?a. His work is highly valued. It was confirmed last week by Mateu Alemany, with whom he has had a good rapport and have understood each other very well (via @orioldomenech)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Laporta has the mandate to determine roles but sporting direction selections appear to be odd in Alemany and, ultimately, Planes

Sporting wise, we drift further from the Cruyff philosophy

Joan

Laporta has the mandate to determine roles but sporting direction selections appear to be odd in Alemany and, ultimately, Planes

Sporting wise, we drift further from the Cruyff philosophy

Who are currently available sporting directors with good resumes following Cruyff's philosophy?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Who are currently available sporting directors with good resumes following Cruyff's philosophy?

What kind of resume did Txiki have when he was appointed by Joan? Or Pep?

There's no point referring to a CV, this is about how they approach/see the game. Alemany is a bureaucrat that has moved from one club to another without ever stamping a playing style. The case is even worse for Planes who has never been involved with recruiting/signing players that even resemble our playing philosophy and has moved from club to club with greater frequency - his professionalism speaks more to how he too is a good bureaucrat rather than genius technical secretary. They both have managed at mid tier clubs with no philosophy or model to sustain, only solvency was the aim

Scouting, recruitment of players, long-term strategy and the improvement of facilities all fall under the domain of a technical secretary or sporting director: we have never been further from Cruyff model than we stand currently (Albeit that path has been diverting since 2010)

khaled_a_d

Looks like Ramon Planes will stay and work with Alemany. Good news imo, I like him.

Barcelona told Ramon Planes that next season he will remain at Bar?a. His work is highly valued. It was confirmed last week by Mateu Alemany, with whom he has had a good rapport and have understood each other very well (via @orioldomenech)

Good, Planas is probably our best SD since Zubi or maybe Txiki. His Pedri signing gives him a lot of coins.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am reading conflicting report that Francesc Arnau, who is the current sporting director at Real Oviedo could replace Ramon Planes as the technical director next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Arnau, former 3rd goalkeeper and Cruyff, son of former legend.

Pathetic decision-making is being recycled with each board.

Home of Barca Fans