Mateu Alemany

KingLeo10

Deserves more appreciation for one of the greatest winter transfer market jobs in recent years (relative to finances)

As good as Xavi has been as manager, we were struggling to create even a goal per game before Jan.

My Mister.

mc_lovin

Incredible what he and the rest of the management have accomplished in January. We were dead offensively a year ago and now we even have decent depth. I even find it hard to find clear improvements on the transfer market apart from the top solutions (Mbappe, Haaland,...).

Porque

The ace was that last minute squeeze of Aubameyang. What an incredible piece of business.

From winter strikers of KPB to Braithwaite under previous sporting directors to Aubameyang who has managed 7 goals in 8 games.

Ferran and Adama will work in their own ways but this is the one that brings our whole game together from midfield to the widemen.

Oh and thank you Atletico and Juve for blocking Morata. Another reason why you can't fix on the ideas of a great managerial mind and should leave the recruitment final decision to other minds.

Also where does Jordi Cryuff fit in all this? With Ajax wanting him as SD he must have some credentials that impress them.

khaled_a_d

Jordi and Alemany has done great job in January, and deserve a lot of credit for our improvement.
Someone said it, but we need to remember that Xavi wanted Morata and not Auba, would have been a downgrade for us.
Those guys deserve to be trusted with the squad overhaul, and hope that they work well with Xavi

Andresito

Staff member
It wasn't only getting Auba, but getting him for free on a permanent transfer.

He was far from a certain fit, with people pointing at his disciplinary issues and that he's pace merchant. So good job to those who made it happen.

jamrock

Hopefully the morata vs Aubameyang situation made xavi more flexible with his philosophy, because morata plus Torres would have been a disaster.

Devils

He's also gonna get us 40m for Griezmann, 30-40m for Coutinho and possibly 15-20m for Depay in the summer.

Stunning individual.

jamrock

We could recoup at least cheeseman's transfer fee with the right sales this summer if everything works out for us.

Griezmann
Coutinho
Lenglet
Mingueza
Depay (maybe).

Could bring in at least $120m,if we spend it right now are back in business.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona director Alemany on Dembeles contract: "Everyone knows the financial situation of the club, whoever wants to stay will have to agree to the club's salary limits, whether it's Dembele or other players who want to come"

Barcelona director Alemany on Rudiger talks and Araujo: "Rudiger thing does not affect Araujo's future at all. What I have said to Ousmane is valid for Araujo." #FCB

"We know that Araujos excited to stay but everyone has to understand and adapt to the club's situation"

behindbrowneyes

Why are we signing two cbs? We barely need one.

- Pique is playing a strong season, but he is 35 and no one knows how long he'll be able to keep it up. Probably will end his career in summer 2023.
- Eric Garcia is not good enough to be a starter for Barca. Barca wants to win titles and I don't think he is good enough for that level, but he is still young and can develop.
- Araujo is excellent and experience will only make him better, but he is kinda injury-prone and his contractual situation isn't resolved.
- Lenglet surely will be transfer-listed. We'll see if club will be able to sell him, but I guess his replacement Christensen has already signed a contract with Barca.
- Mingueza is a solid back-up, but I doubt he has a future at the club. I really like him, he helped a lot last season, but I believe he can be replaced by another CB from Barca B.
- Do I even have to mention Umtiti?

About Rudiger: Club officials met with Rudiger's agent/entourage by RUDIGER'S request. It's the right thing to do to listen to them, if a player of his quality and free agent would be interested to join Barca. Doesn't mean Barca will sign him, but Araujo's situation isn't resolved yet, so it is smart to look for other options.

Having Gavi, Pedri and FDJ for 2 positions is kinda luxury, so 3-at-the-back with lack of quality options on the fullback-positions might be a serious option for Xavi, at least in some games. Alba is 33 and can't play 2 games every week.

Andresito

Staff member
Isn't Rudiger also able to play on the flanks? Shouldn't be that big of a jump from LCB to LB in a worst case scenario. Or RB.

I guess the club is looking for a versatile defender now that Azpi is renewed.

Home of Barca Fans