User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barca 10/11

    73 96.05%
  • Liverpool 18/19

    1 1.32%
  • Bayern 19/20

    2 2.63%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107

Thread: Pep's Barca 10/11 v Liverpool 18/19 or Bayern 19/20

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    10/11 Barca couldn't handle David Luiz a year later. Pretty sure Henderson at CB would suffice
    Nice try

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Whose agenda is this joke of a poll?!

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    The tier thing people are doing is not the question i originally posed.
    There are two different questions:
    1)which one 'you think is the best', people seem to answer this so far.
    I would vote for Barca 10/11 as well if that's the question.

    2) which one wins against the other if played NOW (in 2019 for Liverpool, in 2020 for Bayern).
    In other words, if you teleport Barca 10/11 as they played back then, and let them face Liverpool in 19 or Bayern in 20.

    Any impartial observer of the sport IMO should see that Bayern '20 and Liverpool '19 win against Barca '11.
    Bruv

    The only club sides that collectively hold a candle to 10-11 Barca is 74 Bayern and 88 Milan. The only player you can maybe point a finger at to not being GOATd in his position is VV but he is an interesting case. Europe collectively is weaker and more bloated compared to previous eras. Bayern and Liverpool are where they are right now more due to them maintaining or improving their sporting projects while most of the other big teams have either gotten weaker or are not nearly as stable. They are good sides, do not get me wrong but there have been better winners in the recent past. Like I am pretty sure Zidane and Ronaldo would run riot with the space Flick leaves in between his lines, and you think Barca under Pep would not have a field day?!

    The truth is there just are not a lot of truly complete teams in Europe right now the way it was even in the 2000s, let alone previous eras.

    Google ?Recency bias psychology?, you and a lot of other internet football fans suffer from this.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,929
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    10/11 Barca couldn't handle David Luiz a year later. Pretty sure Henderson at CB would suffice
    A year later isn't the year we are debating .
    But to your point, I would say 2011 Barca would suffer in today's game from parked buses teams, not against team trying to press them and attack.
    Simeone's Atletico will cause us more trouble than 2020 Bayern, IMO

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    ebc_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lislea, Ireland
    Posts
    1,051
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10/11 Barca would be even more dominant now, the quality of the top clubs is much lower than it was a decade ago.

  6. #36
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca under tata martino would beat Liverpool 18/19, Bayern 19/20 change my mind.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,724
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, easy. 2011 Barca.

  8. #38
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,938
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebc_99 View Post
    10/11 Barca would be even more dominant now, the quality of the top clubs is much lower than it was a decade ago.
    Folk claim this too often.

    Barca 2011 beat a Man Utd team in the final that is not as strong as recent Bayern or Liverpool teams.

    The quality of clubs is not much lower than back then at all. Barca hammered a Bayern team with first six names on team sheet...Butt, Oddo, Demichelis, Breno, Lell, Altintop. That type of team would struggle to get put of group these days.

    Barca still the most dominant side and that Man Utd 2009 team was a very good one but the overall standard is not 'much' lower if anything probably more strong teams than back then.

    Barca back then are most dominant side and changed football but dont need to make up about how strong that era was when it really wasnt as much as cracked up to be.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,110
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real poll should be:

    barca 10/11
    bayern 12/13
    madrid 16/17

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,724
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Folk claim this too often.

    Barca 2011 beat a Man Utd team in the final that is not as strong as recent Bayern or Liverpool teams.

    The quality of clubs is not much lower than back then at all. Barca hammered a Bayern team with first six names on team sheet...Butt, Oddo, Demichelis, Breno, Lell, Altintop. That type of team would struggle to get put of group these days.

    Barca still the most dominant side and that Man Utd 2009 team was a very good one but the overall standard is not 'much' lower if anything probably more strong teams than back then.

    Barca back then are most dominant side and changed football but dont need to make up about how strong that era was when it really wasnt as much as cracked up to be.
    Except they didn't just beat United. They turned them into Sheffield.

  11. #41
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,938
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Except they didn't just beat United. They turned them into Sheffield.
    Which is irrelevant to the point.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,451
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    The only club sides that collectively hold a candle to 10-11 Barca is 74 Bayern and 88 Milan. The only player you can maybe point a finger at to not being GOATd in his position is VV but he is an interesting case. Europe collectively is weaker and more bloated compared to previous eras. Bayern and Liverpool are where they are right now more due to them maintaining or improving their sporting projects while most of the other big teams have either gotten weaker or are not nearly as stable. They are good sides, do not get me wrong but there have been better winners in the recent past. Like I am pretty sure Zidane and Ronaldo would run riot with the space Flick leaves in between his lines, and you think Barca under Pep would not have a field day?!
    Zidane and Ronaldo would get eaten alive by this Bayern. Yes, they would find a lot of spaces behind Flick's Bayern, but as I pointed out in reference to Lyon and PSG, that's not a problem for Bayern because they outscore you.
    They even struggled against the washed up versions of Ancelloti's Bayern and Huynckes' Bayern.

    I don't get the bias psychology you mention.
    It seems to me that most Barcaforum members suffer from emotional bias that does not let them judge impartially.

    Pep's Barca is my own favorite team of all time.
    But when I make the thought experiment, no way they could cope with the current day pressing machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Which is irrelevant to the point.
    Yes, people don't get the question.
    The question is not 'which side was the most dominant ever?'
    Of course, Pep's Barca was the most dominant we have seen in our lives.
    That does not say anything about how they would cope with current Bayern for instance

    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    A year later isn't the year we are debating .
    But to your point, I would say 2011 Barca would suffer in today's game from parked buses teams, not against team trying to press them and attack.
    Simeone's Atletico will cause us more trouble than 2020 Bayern, IMO
    Pep's Barca used to suffer against parked buses as well, all CL eliminations were against parked buses.
    Parked buses is a perennial problem.
    Last edited by Birdy; 4th March 2021 at 01:59 PM.
    1992

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,724
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    A year later isn't the year we are debating .
    But to your point, I would say 2011 Barca would suffer in today's game from parked buses teams, not against team trying to press them and attack.
    Simeone's Atletico will cause us more trouble than 2020 Bayern, IMO
    That Barca could suffer but only against elite defensive sides with monster strikers and great playmakers. Iron defense was always a constant, but was not the only thing that was needed. Not even close.

    Chelsea and Inter were equipped with a super-strong defense, but also with strikers like Eto'o, Drogba, Milito in their prime.

    You had to have world-class strikers of a certain profile to bite Barca on the counter. Simeone would probably lose, even with his great side of 2014. Atletico is were never as good 2009 Chelsea or 2010 Inter.

    Tbh, we'd have it easier now, because the standard of defending has gone down. Football is more offensive and the big teams are all focusing on attacking. Pep's Barca always loved sides who wanted to play, and hated strong defensive sides who would take the game in the trenches.
    Last edited by serghei; 4th March 2021 at 02:01 PM.

  14. #44
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,938
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Zidane and Ronaldo would get eaten alive by this Bayern. Yes, they would find a lot of spaces behind Flick's Bayern, but as I pointed out in reference to Lyon and PSG, that's not a problem for Bayern because they outscore you.
    They even struggled against the washed up versions of Ancelloti's Bayern and Huynckes' Bayern.

    I don't get the bias psychology you mention.
    It seems to me that most Barcaforum members suffer from emotional bias that does not let them judge impartially.

    Pep's Barca is my own favorite team of all time.
    But when I make the thought experiment, no way they could cope with the current day pressing machines.



    Pep's Barca used to suffer against parked buses as well, all CL eliminations were against parked buses.
    Parked buses is a perennial problem.
    All teams will struggle more against good defences.

    You make out as if this was Peps weakness but you are comparing that team to a Liverpool team that was knocked out the CL to Atletico parked bus last season so they like all teams have struggled with that as well at times.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,110
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post


    Pep's Barca used to suffer against parked buses as well, all CL eliminations were against parked buses.
    Parked buses is a perennial problem.
    agreed. in a one-off final the 10/11 team could lose to bayern or madrid. even mou mange to outclass pep in the copa final

    still think the 10/11 is the best "football" team of the 3