La Liga | Round 25: Sevilla - FC Barcelona 0-2

Joan

Can you help me with the chat? Where can i find it or how it works? Never used it

Sure, it's up during matches. You can see it on the main page in default style, not on mobile. Comments made there don't count as posts.

Bobo32

Sure, it's up during matches. You can see it on the main page in default style, not on mobile. Comments made there don't count as posts.

I think it was full today? I tried to enter some chat but couldn't.

The win today was good, but I think it could've just as easily gone the other way. I was not feeling like the lead was safe at all, the goals came very timely. Of course Barcelona have mostly great players who can decide games out of nothing, but I do think they rely a bit much on that. It looked much better after 2-0, this team is very reliant on being in the right mental state in order to play well.

Richard.H

This was a great lineup that I think suited Busquets really well. Packing the middle of the pitch is great, covers a lot of the gaps and prevents counter attacks that Busi can't track back for.

The right hand side with Mingueza and Dest was genius imo. Dest was free to attack as much as he wished while Mingueza totally controlled any attacks that may come from the right.

Dembele as some sort of a false 9 at times was also a great move. He's so fast that he can totally catch the CB's offguard.

Overall great tactics by RK for once. One-upping a savvy coach like Lllopetegui is no easy feat.

gregorrin10

Need to stick with the 3 man CB (5 defense) formation in the midweek...cause it will be absolutely crucial that we don't concede. We can score 2 with this formation no problem, maybe even 3 or 4, considering how many more chances we wasted today, but keeping a clean sheet will be vital for our comeback hopes.

serghei

Need to stick with the 3 man CB (5 defense) formation in the midweek...cause it will be absolutely crucial that we don't concede. We can score 2 with this formation no problem, maybe even 3 or 4, considering how many more chances we wasted today, but keeping a clean sheet will be vital for our comeback hopes.

The problem with 3atb is that you can surprise teams with it, but it's notoriously bad when the other team uses a 4-3-3. Basically when you have no superiority in early build-up.

Richard.H

The problem with 3atb is that you can surprise teams with it, but it's notoriously bad when the other team uses a 4-3-3. Basically when you have no superiority in early build-up.

We need to play the lineup that suits the players the best. I am not so sure 4-3-3 works well with our current squad. You just can't rely on Dest/Mingueza or Alba to protect the flanks. Also, Busi is constantly skinned alive when he tracks back for counter attacks.

Porque

With Mingueza and Dest the 352 can turn into a 433 very easily. At times in possession Mingueza was RB supporting Dest who was holding wide.

In this game the players understood the setup very clearly, moved up the pitch in unison and closed with intensity.

Both of those things are probably key more than the formation, we seem to be able to have a game or two with great intensity and drive then drop back to flat lethargic football.

There was always a passing option available and unlike the Copa game, Barca players were first to 50/50 balls.

So on second thoughts Lope's tactics were "let Barcelona think they are better than they are and let them win. When we play at our best we will blitz them on wednesday". 4D Chess right there.

Richard.H

So on second thoughts Lope's tactics were "let Barcelona think they are better than they are and let them win. When we play at our best we will blitz them on wednesday". 4D Chess right there.

Nope, Llopetegui was totally outclassed here. Credit where credit is due, RK totally got this one right.

I am sure Sevilla will be prepared for any surprises for Copa, but to think Llopetegui was coming into this game with less intensity isn't true. They are close in the LL race too and would have greatly desired to win this.

Horatio

You're welcome
Before Sevilla game:
3 in the back! LOL! Clueless manager!

After Sevilla game:
We got to stick with 3 in the back.

Altomonte

It was a pleasure to watch, a strong team effort with the Captain setting an example and fighting throughout the match.
My concern is that Messi will not have enough time to recover for the mid-week CDR game. He cannot be expected to repeat today's performance. I think Griezmann should be asked to step up, with Messi perhaps entering the game in the second half.
Koeman will have his hands full coming up with another good plan.

Home of Barca Fans