Citizenship: Cameroon
Current club: Oviedo U19 (Spain)

Height: 1,89 m
Position: Centre forward
Foot: Right

etiennehijoeto-768x575-1.png

Icon_58197451-1024x738.jpg

Etienne-Etoo-Pineda-le-fils-de-Samuel-porte-le-Cameroun-face-au-Mozambique..jpg

Son of the legendary Samuel Eto'o. Seems to have gotten started in Mallorca but just recently transferred to Real Oviedo and is on their U19 team.

etienne-eto-o-2jfif.jpeg

5fa90708afba0.jpeg

Had a brace recently against Mozambique for the Cameroon U20s with a peach of a freekick being one of them:

Only 18 as well. Absolutely one to watch and keep an eye on.

Joan

Can you think of famous footballers' children who came close to their fathers' level or even surpassed it?

Maldinis come to mind. One could say Schmeichels too, Kasper has had a surprisingly solid career. Jordi and Johan not really?

There have been so many cases recently.. but all seem rather quiet. Enzo Zidane and Justin Kluivert.

fergus90

Can you think of famous footballers' children who came close to their fathers' level or even surpassed it?

Maldinis come to mind. One could say Schmeichels too, Kasper has had a surprisingly solid career. Jordi and Johan not really?

There have been so many cases recently.. but all seem rather quiet. Enzo Zidane and Justin Kluivert.

Thiago Alcantara and Mazinho both internationals.

Hagi's son is doing well for Rangers and is still young.

Gio Reyna could easily surpass Claudio Reyna if he continues his development.

Marcus Thuram son of Lillian Thuram is a solid player too.

Danny Blind and Daley Blind both been successful for Ajax.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He seems to have a lot of what we could need in the future: tall, decent pace, technical and a good finisher.

How highly would you rate Samuel in terms of all-time greatest strikers for the club?

I started watching Barca in 2005, so even though Suarez scored more goals, I just like Samu more. And we won 2 CLs with him being pivotal. He is Barca's best CF in the 21st century for me... Can't say anything about 20th-century legends like Kubala, Romario, Stoichkov, Kluivert, etc. as I haven't seen them play.

Porque

Frank Lampard surpassed Frank Lampard senior by a long way.

Forum favourite Sergio Busquets surpassed his father by a long shot too.

Lastly Jordi Cryuff surpassed his father in balding at an incredibly young age.

BBZ8800

I started watching Barca in 2005, so even though Suarez scored more goals, I just like Samu more. And we won 2 CLs with him being pivotal. He is Barca's best CF in the 21st century for me... Can't say anything about 20th-century legends like Kubala, Romario, Stoichkov, Kluivert, etc. as I haven't seen them play.

I also like Etoo more.

About Kluivert, back then I thought he was good.
But today in hindsight, he was kinda sloppy with weird shots and not too lethal.

He often used that weird shot where he would hit the ball into the ground (let's say that the ball is jumping at 1m height, and 99% of players would just blast it towards the goal. Yet Kluivert would often shoot that jumping ball to hit the ground somewhere infront of a Gk and the the ball would take a weird bounce and end in the net. But I always wondered is that intended and his signature shot or has he just missed the shot and hit the ground first.)

fergus90

I also like Etoo more.

About Kluivert, back then I thought he was good.
But today in hindsight, he was kinda sloppy with weird shots and not too lethal.

He often used that weird shot where he would hit the ball into the ground (let's say that the ball is jumping at 1m height, and 99% of players would just blast it towards the goal. Yet Kluivert would often shoot that jumping ball to hit the ground somewhere infront of a Gk and the the ball would take a weird bounce and end in the net. But I always wondered is that intended and his signature shot or has he just missed the shot and hit the ground first.)

Yeah I know what you mean, he quite often times looked like he couldn't be arsed though either.

Eto'o was more lethal and just had the fighting spirit and motivation to be the best that Kluivert lost by the time he joined Barca.

BBZ8800

Yeah I know what you mean, he quite often times looked like he couldn't be arsed though either.

Eto'o was more lethal and just had the fighting spirit and motivation to be the best that Kluivert lost by the time he joined Barca.

Yes.
Even today when I look old Kluivert's videos, he is hot and cold.

In one moment he will score a wonder goal.
In the next action, he will control the ball as bad as Oleguer, miss sitters and often a lot of his shots looked like a fluke and as he wanted something else.
Something like Dembele's hot and cold moments during the match, except that Kluivert was a better player and not dumb.

But he wasn't too consistent and reliable.

Home of Barca Fans