User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Etienne Eto'o

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Etienne Eto'o

    Full Name: Etienne Eto'o Pineda
    Date of Birth: August 18th, 2002
    Citizenship: Cameroon
    Current club: Oviedo U19 (Spain)

    Height: 1,89 m
    Position: Centre forward
    Foot: Right







    Son of the legendary Samuel Eto'o. Seems to have gotten started in Mallorca but just recently transferred to Real Oviedo and is on their U19 team.





    Had a brace recently against Mozambique for the Cameroon U20s with a peach of a freekick being one of them:





    Only 18 as well. Absolutely one to watch and keep an eye on.

  2. #2
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be great if he became half or quarter as good as his father was.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    Would be great if he became half or quarter as good as his father was.
    He seems to have a lot of what we could need in the future: tall, decent pace, technical and a good finisher.

    How highly would you rate Samuel in terms of all-time greatest strikers for the club?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,285
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you think of famous footballers' children who came close to their fathers' level or even surpassed it?

    Maldinis come to mind. One could say Schmeichels too, Kasper has had a surprisingly solid career. Jordi and Johan not really?

    There have been so many cases recently.. but all seem rather quiet. Enzo Zidane and Justin Kluivert.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,770
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haaland lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Can you think of famous footballers' children who came close to their fathers' level or even surpassed it?

    Maldinis come to mind. One could say Schmeichels too, Kasper has had a surprisingly solid career. Jordi and Johan not really?

    There have been so many cases recently.. but all seem rather quiet. Enzo Zidane and Justin Kluivert.
    Thiago Alcantara and Mazinho both internationals.

    Hagi's son is doing well for Rangers and is still young.

    Gio Reyna could easily surpass Claudio Reyna if he continues his development.

    Marcus Thuram son of Lillian Thuram is a solid player too.

    Danny Blind and Daley Blind both been successful for Ajax.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,182
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Can you think of famous footballers' children who came close to their fathers' level or even surpassed it?
    Thiago, Mateo and Ciro in 10-15 years.

  8. #8
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,952
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    He seems to have a lot of what we could need in the future: tall, decent pace, technical and a good finisher.

    How highly would you rate Samuel in terms of all-time greatest strikers for the club?
    I started watching Barca in 2005, so even though Suarez scored more goals, I just like Samu more. And we won 2 CLs with him being pivotal. He is Barca's best CF in the 21st century for me... Can't say anything about 20th-century legends like Kubala, Romario, Stoichkov, Kluivert, etc. as I haven't seen them play.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,056
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank Lampard surpassed Frank Lampard senior by a long way.

    Forum favourite Sergio Busquets surpassed his father by a long shot too.

    Lastly Jordi Cryuff surpassed his father in balding at an incredibly young age.
    Riqui Puig: Top 5minute midfielder in the world

  10. #10
    Member
    Bulgroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    459
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Djorkaeff.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,056
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siddhattha Gotama and Ivan de la Pena.
    Riqui Puig: Top 5minute midfielder in the world

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by te amo barca View Post
    I started watching Barca in 2005, so even though Suarez scored more goals, I just like Samu more. And we won 2 CLs with him being pivotal. He is Barca's best CF in the 21st century for me... Can't say anything about 20th-century legends like Kubala, Romario, Stoichkov, Kluivert, etc. as I haven't seen them play.
    I also like Etoo more.

    About Kluivert, back then I thought he was good.
    But today in hindsight, he was kinda sloppy with weird shots and not too lethal.

    He often used that weird shot where he would hit the ball into the ground (let's say that the ball is jumping at 1m height, and 99% of players would just blast it towards the goal. Yet Kluivert would often shoot that jumping ball to hit the ground somewhere infront of a Gk and the the ball would take a weird bounce and end in the net. But I always wondered is that intended and his signature shot or has he just missed the shot and hit the ground first.)

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Betrayed by Wolfe, Canada
    Posts
    3,963
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Canada
    would be nice, but first generation kids basically never work out
    peptastic || Anti-EV League || Higher Standards for our Club Association || nEVer Again || EVil is History, Rejoice || Inaugural President of the Canadians Against Valverde Association || Anti-Forum de Amigos League|| EXPECT better from your TOP players || xG doesn't win matches or titles (@Wolfe) || Fati d'Or || RIP Claude, a true football fan || Fire, violence, treason and PERFIDY! Wolfe betrays and ABANDONS his own! Fraud, insecurity, anarchy! Every man for himself! ||

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    I also like Etoo more.

    About Kluivert, back then I thought he was good.
    But today in hindsight, he was kinda sloppy with weird shots and not too lethal.

    He often used that weird shot where he would hit the ball into the ground (let's say that the ball is jumping at 1m height, and 99% of players would just blast it towards the goal. Yet Kluivert would often shoot that jumping ball to hit the ground somewhere infront of a Gk and the the ball would take a weird bounce and end in the net. But I always wondered is that intended and his signature shot or has he just missed the shot and hit the ground first.)
    Yeah I know what you mean, he quite often times looked like he couldn't be arsed though either.

    Eto'o was more lethal and just had the fighting spirit and motivation to be the best that Kluivert lost by the time he joined Barca.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,329
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean, he quite often times looked like he couldn't be arsed though either.

    Eto'o was more lethal and just had the fighting spirit and motivation to be the best that Kluivert lost by the time he joined Barca.
    Yes.
    Even today when I look old Kluivert's videos, he is hot and cold.

    In one moment he will score a wonder goal.
    In the next action, he will control the ball as bad as Oleguer, miss sitters and often a lot of his shots looked like a fluke and as he wanted something else.
    Something like Dembele's hot and cold moments during the match, except that Kluivert was a better player and not dumb.

    But he wasn't too consistent and reliable.