La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

Porque

Yes and yes. Pjanic style is not what I want to see at Barcelona
I am not very fond in the "double pivote" play of De Jong and Pedri either, struggling together with the back four to even play past two opponents.

It's the solution for this game to be more direct in attack.

Btw what do you make of Pedri as Busquets replacement in the long haul?

Bobo32

Whats depressing is, in terms of midfield and defense, that this is about as good as it gets.

Last game was not like this, at least not until Busquets went out. That was total domination.
De Jong trying the long ball for Alba vs 2 opponent defenders... Him and Pedri struggling for a minute before to make themselves available for the first pass...

Bobo32

It's the solution for this game to be more direct in attack.

Btw what do you make of Pedri as Busquets replacement in the long haul?

I think he looked very decent in a holding role for ten minutes vs farmers some weeks ago.
I think he could learn a lot from Busquets in managing his energy. He is faster than Busquets but it doesn't really show, because he wants to jog all the time. He needs to walk more, like De Bruyne.

Bobo32

I think the Busquets change is good, he was needed this whole game.
But IF you are going to sub him in, why wait until min. 65?
Yes we are in a lead now, but I think he'd make the same change if it was still 0-0.
I really don't think changing system 2,3,4 times every game is benefitting the team.

pregra

THAT is what we want from Frenkie. Not a single other central mid in world football has that drive with the ball. Classic from Messi, has to be said

Bobo32

Nice from FdJ, who is otherwise struggling a lot without the ball, getting it in LB position because he can't find any other space.
Then this game should be won, but it has really been a disaster. Messi doing two GOAT goals.

Home of Barca Fans