La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

Bobo32

Strange to play Frenkie pivote and Busi interior.
No Puig today, Griezmann needs some minutes, Dest and Lenglet as well

Kul_z

Imagine haaland instead of griezman this season. For fuck sake viking would have 25+ already

Porque

We keep complicating matters by missing simple chances. TrincaoX2 then GirezmannX2.

But overall the score line that we should of had vs Cadiz.

What a loss of points that was.

Bobo32

Awful first half, decent enough second half. No doubt we get beat Saturday :lol:

Play became better with the addition of Busquets.
It was maybe partly because of him, partly because of the system change, but mostly because Messi scored his second goal out of nothing just after, so the opponents gave up, and then Barcelona could do what they wanted.
Anyway, it was just the last 25 minutes that looked like top vs bottom, before that it was pretty much terrible.

JerseyAddict

First half was atrocious... Segunda level.
In 2nd Braith was inspired, FDJ was a beast and Messi sharp.

But I don't see this repeating on saturday. Sevilla will exploit that 1st half "horror" and place 2 behind MAtS.

There can be no such poor play... On this level.

JohnN

I partially lost the will to live watching Lenglet and Griezmann waiting to be subbed in..
No youngsters even when the gamee is Dead. Really weird by Koeman. Even when he is resting players he then subs them on just for the laughs I guess while ignoring the rest of the squad that doesn't get the deserved minutes. He is turning out really frustrating with lineups and subs.

Horatio

You're welcome
I partially lost the will to live watching Lenglet and Griezmann waiting to be subbed in..
No youngsters even when the gamee is Dead. Really weird by Koeman. Even when he is resting players he then subs them on just for the laughs I guess while ignoring the rest of the squad that doesn't get the deserved minutes. He is turning out really frustrating with lineups and subs.

Trincao played til minute 67. Pedri and Mingueza full 90 mins. Dest still coming off injury came on to play 20 minutes. Only Puig not on. Who else are we missing?

Edit: Ah yes, there is Ilaix as well.

JohnN

Trincao played til minute 67. Pedri and Mingueza full 90 mins. Dest still coming off injury came on to play 20 minutes. Only Puig not on. Who else are we missing?

Edit: Ah yes, there is Ilaix as well.

Did we need Lenglet, Griezmann or Busquets this game at that point? Was there any reason to sub them on? No, there wasn't.
Could we rest Pedri who has started playing like exausted Rakitic circa. 2019? Yes we could.
Could we rest Messi after the 3-0? Yes we could.
Can Trincao at his age play the full 90? Yes he can.

There is simply no logical reasoning behind Koeman's selections and it shows, because the team is dead tired and he mostly insists to not even use his 5 subs most of the time.

Home of Barca Fans