La Liga | Round 24: FC Barcelona - Cadiz 1-1

Bobo32

I'd really like to blame Lenglet on this, but a team that doesn't score from open play against fucking Cadiz doesn't really deserve to win. Cadiz got 15 scored against them in their last 4 La Liga-games.

Sure.
The fault lied mostly in the finishing, not in the open play, though. That was fine both off+def, they didn't get any real chance but Messi alone should've scored at least 1 more, maybe even 2. He was pretty much free on goal thrice, and he had about 10 shots overall, we would expect one of those to go in. Griezmann and Dembele also had moments to score.

behindbrowneyes

was really a soft penalty, as ours for the matter. but spanish refs are a special breed.

attack is our biggest problem. we just don't score enough to control games or intimidate opponents. as leaky as our defense is, scoring our chances earlier would have put the game to bed.

Of course it was soft. Lenglet should've known better though. Like you said, Spanish refs are a special breed. Any regular supporter knows that. That was that type of stupid mistake you make when you think the weekend has already started because the game is already won. Any unnecessary corner, freekick or foul in the penalty box must be avoided as it is the best bet for small teams to score against superior teams, especially when you are leading only by one goal.

This. We cant score from open play against cadiz so we dont deserve a win. I have not the feeling the team wants to win the la liga title, i bet most of our players want the end of the season to relax.

I have more the impression that they are crumbling under the slightest impulse of pressure. There is always somebody here to gift opposition a goal through a stupid mistake.

Sure.
The fault lied mostly in the finishing, not in the open play, though. That was fine both off+def, they didn't get any real chance but Messi alone should've scored at least 1 more, maybe even 2. He was pretty much free on goal thrice, and he had about 10 shots overall, we would expect one of those to go in. Griezmann and Dembele also had moments to score.

Funnily, finishing is the part I thought we'd improve a lot with Henke Larsson in the coaching staff, yet the only one that was flawless on this part of the game was Ansu.
Messi could have scored two, but we can't always rely on him. Dembele is great at dribbling, but he lacks end product for a starter of Barca. Trincao's finishing looks way more composed. Hard to unterstand why he didn't got more minutes yesterday. If I have a problem to score and I'm only leading by 1, I put in a winger that has scored some lately instead of Braithwaite.

Home of Barca Fans