CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Joan

Not at all following your replies to me ITT
Barcelona need to have the same approach to PSG game as to this game.

Obviously Pedri and Alba should play, as should Dest/Roberto if fit, probably Dembele too.

How do you know they're about Pedri then?

Latschenkiefer

I don't like it when we have to play the return leg away from home. Even if we somehow manage to beat PSG by 1-0 or 2-0, they know what result they need to get at home. At least there will be no crowd.

Our CL record since 04/05:

KO-Fixtures with the return leg away from home
Total: 12

0ut: 8 (66 %)

Advance: 4 (33 %)
1) Bayern (08/09) We already trashed them at home. No hope for them.
2) Chelsea (08/09) Let's be honest, they got robbed. :lol:
3) Shakhtar (10/11) You have to be terrible to go out against them.
4) Bayern (14/15) Already trashed them at home again. No hope but they still managed to win 3:2.

KO-Fixtures with the return leg at home
Total: 26

Out: 3 (11,5 %)
1) Inter (09/10) We needed only one goal which was actually scored by Bojan but wrongly called offside [?].
2) Chelsea (11/12) We were leading the game by two goals but still managed to fuck it up.
3) Juventus (16/17) We were bad, but got the 6-1 remontada at home the fixture before.

Advance: 23 (88,5%)

Last season against Bayern is obviously not included.

By the way, 12 to 26 could maybe indicate manipulation. But that's another topic.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Spanish news outlets saying PSG should be this fearing Messi and Barca. lol, wish I had their confidence. Anyways, looking forward to this showdown.

fergus90

Spanish news outlets saying PSG should be this fearing Messi and Barca. lol, wish I had their confidence. Anyways, looking forward to this showdown.

I honestly don't see much difference between us in an attacking sense, but obviously our defence can be shambolic at times.

JohnN

PSG can win with a game plan that consists of 2 things:
1. Keep possession as much as they can, because that frustrates Messi and he will try to drop deep and perhaps make a risky play, that our defense isn't able to support in transition.
2. Press up to 3/4 of the pitch when losing possession for a couple of seconds which will force a turnover from one of Alba, Busi, lenglet, Miguenza, mats as it always does.

With that in mind I feel we should keep Messi close to dembele on the right high up the pitch and try to force long balls a couple of times so they don't commit so many people at pressing.

FC B

For me it's a mix of feelings for this. First and foremost I dont bear any more trashings. It's pretty unlikley Barca will go through and I don't know if even I want them to. Bayern, City even LFC can't wait to meet Barca atm. I rather want to have a good close entertaining tie.

JamDav1982

For me it's a mix of feelings for this. First and foremost I dont bear any more trashings. It's pretty unlikley Barca will go through and I don't know if even I want them to. Bayern, City even LFC can't wait to meet Barca atm. I rather want to have a good close entertaining tie.

Any Barca fan would want Barca to go through in CL no matter who is in next round.

There is not a scenario that going out to PSG is better outcome for club.

FC B

For the club it's better to advance and even meet Bayern in the next round, for some fans not necessarily.

malvolio

So everyone grew some balls after beating relegation candidates Alaves and now we're ready for PSG? :lol:

Haven't seen last nights game. We're we that impressive?

JamDav1982

So everyone grew some balls after beating relegation candidates Alaves and now we're ready for PSG? :lol:

Haven't seen last nights game. We're we that impressive?

'Everyone'?

Cant see anyone really claiming Barca are well set up or 'ready' for PSG. Most seem to be saying opposite and will be tough particularly with the defence.

Barca played well when needed to last night and raised game at 2-1. Lots of workrate and movement but still look too vulnerable going back the other way.

What are the big games that Barca and players should get praise if do well in?

malvolio

'Everyone'?

Cant see anyone really claiming Barca are well set up or 'ready' for PSG. Most seem to be saying opposite and will be tough particularly with the defence.

Barca played well when needed to last night and raised game at 2-1. Lots of workrate and movement but still look too vulnerable going back the other way.

What are the big games that Barca and players should get praise if do well in?

Did I say they shouldn't get praise if they do well?

Read some of the comments and seemed people are optimistic after last night's performance.

Home of Barca Fans