CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Champions League Round of 16

Tuesday, February 16, 21:00 CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
mcpMspef1hwHwi9qrfp4YQ_96x96.png

soul24rage

I think he will go with this

MATS---Mingueza, DJ, Lenglet, Alba---Pedri, Busi, Puig---Dembele, Messi, Griezmann

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Puig and Trincao should have solidified their place as reliable rotation options and players to freshen things up off the bench. Expect to see them both vs PSG if things go south during the game.

Bobo32

no neymar, no di maria, i believe we can get a good result here

But Pedri!
The approach today, against an arguably low-level team, was the right one!
Does Koeman have the courage to have the same approach against PSG? Let's find out!

Richard.H

The biggest threat will be counter attacks, which they can be very very fast at. It is our greatest weakness, defending against counter attacks. Koeman has many tough decisions to make. who to start? Who to bring on if something isn't working? Who deals with Mbappe? Mbappe alone can skin our entire back 4.

Andresito

Staff member
Best way to neutralize Mbappe is to cut off the service. Their midfielders need to be pressed intensely.

JamDav1982

The biggest threat will be counter attacks, which they can be very very fast at. It is our greatest weakness, defending against counter attacks. Koeman has many tough decisions to make. who to start? Who to bring on if something isn't working? Who deals with Mbappe? Mbappe alone can skin our entire back 4.

Counters will be the biggest threat and folk will go ballistic if/when they happen but Barca for me need to play in attacking way do each week and take it from there.

Dont try and over think it and sit deep or tailor game to PSG like have done with Bayern and Roma etc.

If Barca go out swining and just not good enough then that is easier to take that the shite served up v Bayern last year.

Richard.H

Counters will be the biggest threat and folk will go ballistic if/when they happen but Barca for me need to play in attacking way do each week and take it from there.

Dont try and over think it and sit deep or tailor game to PSG like have done with Bayern and Roma etc.

If Barca go out swining and just not good enough then that is easier to take that the shite served up v Bayern last year.

The problem with trying to play our way and to not overthink is it can also be dangerous and lead to just as bad results as vs Bayern. An excellent example is our 2015 UCL semis vs Bayern. Pep, because he only plays one way, tried to out-attack us but it was a huge mistake. Our attack was clearly superior to theirs. They played well, but still lose 3-0 because MSN was too much.

Joan

But Pedri!
The approach today, against an arguably low-level team, was the right one!
Does Koeman have the courage to have the same approach against PSG? Let's find out!

Aye, see the problem with one of Barca's top performers this season out of the team full of underachievers. Great stuff.

Catta

Aye, see the problem with one of Barca's top performers this season out of the team full of underachievers. Great stuff.

He is trying to undermine both Pedri and De Jong all the time. Doing his best to portray Puig as better than anybody else.

Vilarrubi

Yeah we try to take that slow “tactical” approach sometimes. Attack is the best form of defence for us right now.

Bobo32

Not at all following your replies to me ITT
Barcelona need to have the same approach to PSG game as to this game.

Obviously Pedri and Alba should play, as should Dest/Roberto if fit, probably Dembele too.

Home of Barca Fans