Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

• Yes

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raketa10

I don't think this is about the money. To me it looks like he is simply fed up with everything happening around the club. He is also probably aware he won't be able to challenge another CL with Barca. He could finish his European career in 2023 so he probably has only 2 seasons left. For that reason, with PSG or City he has a much better chance for winning one more CL trophy.

The only problem would be if one of those two teams wins this year's CL. In that case he will probably choose the other one. This could also be the reason why he will wait until June to decide his future.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't think he himself knows at this point.
Biggest thing in our favour is his kids, he doesn't want to hurt them and they want to stay
OTOH finance is huge issue, not just for paying him but for putting a competitive squad

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think he will go as he knows this barca project will last a few years, a few years which messi doesnt have anymore, he is nearly 34. If City doesnt win the Cl he should go to City, otherwise to PSG.

serghei

I still hope he leaves all things considered. We have to rethink our offense and drop the costs with the wages a lot, and to do both, Messi needs to go. I hope he goes to City though, not fucking Ligue 1.

JohnN

I think he will leave due to age and not being able to bring the level he knows he once had. It would be great if his departure was under better circumstances with us having an actual top team despite him gone, but that's the cycle of football.
This might be the last season we still have players from our golden generation. Except if Busi sticks around until his late 30s or something.

Joan

Think Barca is not ready to lose Messi. Would be a steep fall down even if we sign a big name, a 9. Which we won't.

mssarm

I doubt he will leave unless Barca new management comes up with unacceptable terms. He will play another year , maybe 2 and move to MLS or Argentina.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Basically if Laporta wins in March, which I think he will, he will stay.

He will only leave for City or Newells but the only way I see Messi seriously considering leaving is if Freixa somehow wins by some miracle. I am sure he and all the other big earners will agree to more wage cuts to help the books out for the new president, especially if it is Laporta.

From the football perspective, I think he is clearly enjoying his football again because he finally has some players who are on the same wavelength instead of Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes.

If Laporta wins and we win any trophy this season, I would be willing to bet money he will stay.

soul24rage

Basically if Laporta wins in March, which I think he will, he will stay.

He will only leave for City or Newells but the only way I see Messi seriously considering leaving is if Freixa somehow wins by some miracle. I am sure he and all the other big earners will agree to more wage cuts to help the books out for the new president, especially if it is Laporta.

From the football perspective, I think he is clearly enjoying his football again because he finally has some players who are on the same wavelength instead of Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes.

If Laporta wins and we win any trophy this season, I would be willing to bet money he will stay.

my thoughts exactly.

Home of Barca Fans