Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

• Yes

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frog-fcb

I think he will stay and the main reason is kids. His 3 and a certain kid called pedri who he loves linking up with on the pitch

ebc_99

I think he will stay too, he seems happy again and that is the most important thing for him.

MagIX

Probably he will stay, for family reasons.
I don't think he wants to continue playing soccer for a long time. I think his main motivation is copa america 2021 and WC 2022.
I won't be surprised if he will retire after the WC 2022.

Hardy

let's see how happy he'll be once we got trashed by psg, having said that I don't find realistic that a player of his caliber doesn't know already where he'll play next season, I think he made his decision already. he'll leave, remember how much he looked depressed about the financial state of club in his last interview, ok Laporta wins the election and then? people think we are gonna conquer the market? not to win but just to compete seriously for the CL which I guess it's his main goal we need at least 3-4 world class player, we have the money for that? obviously nope. but if he doesn't care it's another story but would be strange that he changes his mind in a few months.

Raketa10

Basically if Laporta wins in March, which I think he will, he will stay.

He will only leave for City or Newells but the only way I see Messi seriously considering leaving is if Freixa somehow wins by some miracle. I am sure he and all the other big earners will agree to more wage cuts to help the books out for the new president, especially if it is Laporta.

From the football perspective, I think he is clearly enjoying his football again because he finally has some players who are on the same wavelength instead of Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes.

If Laporta wins and we win any trophy this season, I would be willing to bet money he will stay.

+1

Hardy

let's see how happy he'll be once we got trashed by psg, having said that I don't find realistic that a player of his caliber doesn't know already where he'll play next season, I think he made his decision already. he'll leave, remember how much he looked depressed about the financial state of club in his last interview, ok Laporta wins the election and then? people think we are gonna conquer the market? not to win but just to compete seriously for the CL which I guess it's his main goal we need at least 3-4 world class player, we have the money for that? obviously nope. but if he doesn't care it's another story but would be strange that he changes his mind in a few months.

here we go

malvolio

Already wanted to leave in the summer and would have been the smart decision for him. He would already have a championship half in the bag and still competing for other titles

Givenchy

He'll retire imo

City, PSG and MLS aren't gonna pay him the wages he'd want and hopefully Barca's next president isn't a Messi simp

JamDav1982

City will be delighted they did not put him on huge wages last year.

Will make no real difference to them winning anything and probably get him cheaper at 34.

slicknick

If he wants to leave, let him leave...Still think he is the GOAT despite everything in the past few years, but it's very clearly time we start planning for the future anyway...And if he puts performances like last night, and/or distracts the team w/ the same departure talk since late summer, let him go...I don't even care anymore

Raketa10

Let's hope he leaves and takes Busi, Pique and Alba with him.

Yeah lets hope that the best player in history of this club, who generates more than 50% of revenues leaves to PSG or City. Let's hope, so we can continue with Griezmann, Braithwaite, Dest, Lenglet and Dembele. It's his fault Dumbele can't score 1 on 1 or that Lenglet or Dest are Barca B level players.

I also hope he will leave but for his own sake as this club is broken beyond repair. It's sad to watch him play in this horrible squad. He has lost his final years surrounded by players who can't make a simple pass or who look like they have half of their brain removed. After we got rid of Valverde, Rakitic and Suarez we are even worse. In addition to that, those two will probably win trophies this season. Even Vidal could do it with Inter. Old players should go but they should be replaced with better ones. Unfortunately, we replaced Rakitic with Pjanic and Suarez with Braithwaite. :facepalm:

I will support Barca forever, with or without Leo, but for the sake of Leo I hope he will play his final 2 years for City. He simply deserves better than this. He deserves a much better ending than he got from this club.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans