User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 61.40%
  • No

22 38.60%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Messi leave at the end of this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will stay and the main reason is kids. His 3 and a certain kid called pedri who he loves linking up with on the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will stay too, he seems happy again and that is the most important thing for him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably he will stay, for family reasons.
    I don't think he wants to continue playing soccer for a long time. I think his main motivation is copa america 2021 and WC 2022.
    I won't be surprised if he will retire after the WC 2022.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's see how happy he'll be once we got trashed by psg, having said that I don't find realistic that a player of his caliber doesn't know already where he'll play next season, I think he made his decision already. he'll leave, remember how much he looked depressed about the financial state of club in his last interview, ok Laporta wins the election and then? people think we are gonna conquer the market? not to win but just to compete seriously for the CL which I guess it's his main goal we need at least 3-4 world class player, we have the money for that? obviously nope. but if he doesn't care it's another story but would be strange that he changes his mind in a few months.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    Basically if Laporta wins in March, which I think he will, he will stay.

He will only leave for City or Newells but the only way I see Messi seriously considering leaving is if Freixa somehow wins by some miracle. I am sure he and all the other big earners will agree to more wage cuts to help the books out for the new president, especially if it is Laporta.

From the football perspective, I think he is clearly enjoying his football again because he finally has some players who are on the same wavelength instead of Denis Suarez and Andre Gomes.

If Laporta wins and we win any trophy this season, I would be willing to bet money he will stay.
    +1

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi will freeze his balls off in Paris or England. Staying in Barca.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shouldnt be a question anymore

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will definitely leave. He would have to be crazy to stay here.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    let's see how happy he'll be once we got trashed by psg, having said that I don't find realistic that a player of his caliber doesn't know already where he'll play next season, I think he made his decision already. he'll leave, remember how much he looked depressed about the financial state of club in his last interview, ok Laporta wins the election and then? people think we are gonna conquer the market? not to win but just to compete seriously for the CL which I guess it's his main goal we need at least 3-4 world class player, we have the money for that? obviously nope. but if he doesn't care it's another story but would be strange that he changes his mind in a few months.
    here we go

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already wanted to leave in the summer and would have been the smart decision for him. He would already have a championship half in the bag and still competing for other titles

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll retire imo

City, PSG and MLS aren't gonna pay him the wages he'd want and hopefully Barca's next president isn't a Messi simp

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City will be delighted they did not put him on huge wages last year.

Will make no real difference to them winning anything and probably get him cheaper at 34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wants to leave, let him leave...Still think he is the GOAT despite everything in the past few years, but it's very clearly time we start planning for the future anyway...And if he puts performances like last night, and/or distracts the team w/ the same departure talk since late summer, let him go...I don't even care anymore

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope he leaves and takes Busi, Pique and Alba with him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Let's hope he leaves and takes Busi, Pique and Alba with him.
    Yeah lets hope that the best player in history of this club, who generates more than 50% of revenues leaves to PSG or City. Let's hope, so we can continue with Griezmann, Braithwaite, Dest, Lenglet and Dembele. It's his fault Dumbele can't score 1 on 1 or that Lenglet or Dest are Barca B level players.

I also hope he will leave but for his own sake as this club is broken beyond repair. It's sad to watch him play in this horrible squad. He has lost his final years surrounded by players who can't make a simple pass or who look like they have half of their brain removed. After we got rid of Valverde, Rakitic and Suarez we are even worse. In addition to that, those two will probably win trophies this season. Even Vidal could do it with Inter. Old players should go but they should be replaced with better ones. Unfortunately, we replaced Rakitic with Pjanic and Suarez with Braithwaite.

I will support Barca forever, with or without Leo, but for the sake of Leo I hope he will play his final 2 years for City. He simply deserves better than this. He deserves a much better ending than he got from this club.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 17th February 2021 at 12:53 PM.