La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Alaves 5-1

Vilarrubi

Can we possibly go in at half time with a big lead so we can start subbing off key players......

(We don’t do that here)

JohnN

Pjanic benched by la masua kid. Love to see it despite the result. Pjanic is kind of unlikable.
Messi should be rested in my opinion.

Bobo32

Maybe 3 at the back, with De Jong and Lenglet laterally being able to advance. I can see it working.
I am not sold on Ilaix, but not negative towards him either, will be interesting to see. Him Puig and Busquets together might be great
Griezmann, Firpo and Lenglet are the three starters I might moan about ITT, but let's hope they play well.

IF they play like this I am very positive towards this game and towards Koeman, but the system will still be kind of new to many players and might not work so well.
If they play a regular 4-3-3 with Firpo and Mingueza as WBs and Griezmann and Trincao as wingers, then those players will certainly be a problem, and also De Jong + Lenglet is not a great CB pairing.
But I think the midfield will work great, can't wait for the game to start.

Total-Football

The disparity between the squadies and the fact that our wage bill is the largest in the world is astounding. It's like money is given to ghosts.

clemente

That's a crazy difference from Valverde who didn't even have the balls to play Malcom or in form Dembele in CL

Bobo32

Key instructions (3-4-3):
Firpo, Trincao - HUG the line, cross the ball
Griezmann - harass CBs both in/off possesion, nothing else
Mingueza - cover for De Jong and Lenglet, make sure they stay together.
Midfield quartet knows how to play football, no instructions needed v. Alaves

Fati_Future_BallonDor

That's a crazy difference from Valverde who didn't even have the balls to play Malcom or in form Dembele in CL

Malcom.....why did we sell him ?? He is only 23 years and better than Griezmann, Coutinho, Pedri, Trincao. I remember the match in bernabeu when he was unplayabale and destroyed marcelo several times. Why didnt he play in anfield ??

JamDav1982

Malcom.....why did we sell him ?? He is only 23 years and better than Griezmann, Coutinho, Pedri, Trincao. I remember the match in bernabeu when he was unplayabale and destroyed marcelo several times. Why didnt he play in anfield ??

Malcolm is not better than any of those players bar maybe Trincao and then the fee is different.

Was not a great dribbler so couldnt play on left and then was competing with Messi on right. Did well to get fee did for him.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Malcolm is not better than any of those players bar maybe Trincao and then the fee is different.

Was not a great dribbler so couldnt play on left and then was competing with Messi on right. Did well to get fee did for him.

He was good on the right, Messi could have played in the middle or behind but giving away a fast player with good dribbling and buying the turtle Griezmann wasnt a great smart move imo,

Home of Barca Fans