La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Alaves 5-1

soul24rage

It's possible to beat Sevilla 4-1 no doubt if the players are up for it. But we need to play much better than we did in the first leg. And please don't play Umtiti again.

True, hopefully Araujo won't re-injure himself. We could play Mingueza or possibly Pique alongside Araujo.

Dest should also be good to go.

Joan

Hopefully we never see Firpo Umtiti Mingueza Alba again. 3 of them should be playing as little as possible.

gregorrin10

We have to play the CB partnership and RB that we will be going to Paris with. Other than that Trincao and Puig should come into the lineups for some bodies.

Alaves is a game we can and should wrap up by HT.

we're going TO Paris next month, we're at home first. Probably mixed that up as we're so used to play 1st legs of the 1/8 finals away.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We need to win the first leg at home, better with two or three goals difference as in paris Neymar and Di Maria will be back and with them they will be much stronger.

Messi983

To my impression Griezmann, FDJ, Pedri and Alba looked very tired yesterday. Busquets is just that slow. Leo looked fine to me, but resting him for an hour and letting him turn things around should always be considered as tactical option. He proved it more than once.

Agreed.

Especially Griezmann absolutely needs rest. With all extra times we've been through over the last month he has basically played 12 games in our last 11 games.

Hope Braithwaite and Pjanić will be ready tomorrow so we can rotate more.

I'd go for something like this:

MATS, Mingueza, Lenglet, Umtiti, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

Hopefully we can score early and have a 2-3 goal lead around 60th minute so we can sub off Messi and Busi.

Alternatively we could bring Messi of the bench (Dembouz would probably have to start in that case) but then I'm affraid the team will just wait for this to happen, possibly go behind and in the end we'll waste even more energy to try and make a comeback.

FC B

With such schedule it's such a pitty they invested so much energy in the CdR for nothing. I'd fully rest starters for PSG first leg but surely RK won't do that since he hopes Atletico can still be cought which is very unlikely but not impossible.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Agreed.

Especially Griezmann absolutely needs rest. With all extra times we've been through over the last month he has basically played 12 games in our last 11 games.

MATS, Mingueza, Lenglet, Umtiti, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

Hopefully we can score early and have a 2-3 goal lead around 60th minute so we can sub off Messi and Busi.

Alternatively we could bring Messi of the bench (Dembouz would probably have to start in that case) but then I'm affraid the team will just wait for this to happen, possibly go behind and in the end we'll waste even more energy to try and make a comeback.

Shouldnt use Messi, he needs to be full fit against PSG. If we cant beat Alaves without Messi at home anymore we dont deserve a win.

Andresito

Staff member
Atleti play a couple of hours before us. If they lose it's an 8 point difference between us and them. Far from over this.

vegitot

MATS
Mingueza Umtiti Lenglet Firpo
Busquets Pjanic Puig
Trincao Braithwaite Konrad

Fitness permitting although may depend on Atletico result on how much risk willing to take.

v PSG

MATS
Mingueza Araujo Lenglet Alba
FDJ Pedri
Messi
Dembele Griezmann Trincao

Trincao at the left seem not right. Move Dembele to the left instead. Doubt Trincao can play vs PSG but if he can have a great performance vs Alaves, he may have a chance.

JamDav1982

Trincao at the left seem not right. Move Dembele to the left instead. Doubt Trincao can play vs PSG but if he can have a great performance vs Alaves, he may have a chance.

Nah Dembele on right as right back would sit and not attack while he will hold width and Alba on other side.

Trincao or whoever was chosen in that scenario would need to play on left and keep Dembele on right.

Kul_z

Neto
Mingueza lenglet umtiti firpo
Pjanic puig busi
Trincao messi konrad

2 half

Neto
Mingueza de jong lenglet firpo
Pjanic puig pedri
Trincao braithwaite griezmann

Give a half time rest at least to de jong, pedri and busquets, with de jong playing as cb to avoid another possible injury of one of the cb's and so that he can rest a bit more, rather then running in mf like a madman.

Dembele needs to be rested too. Im curious what would koemann deploy, but for our sake i hope he would give one of the konrad, trincao, puig, pjanic a full 90 minutes. We need that.

behindbrowneyes

Agreed.

I really like your line-up, but imo Mingueza-Lenglet should get a start as CB-pair before the game against PSG. Given the available players in defense the best would be to play 3 at the back and rest Alba, but like I said, Mingueza and Lenglet should get a game to get used to each other in a set-up of a back-four.

There won't be many rotations Koeman said today, because there are not many players available to pick from. Sad, but true.

It's a pity. The position the team lacks depth in are also the positions the B-team has troubles. Both B-team right-backs are injured too

Last edited:

Kul_z

Ter Stegen, Dest, Sergio, Griezmann, Pjanić, Messi, Demb?l?, Riqui Puig, Neto, Lenglet, Pedri, Trinc?o, Jordi Alba, Matheus, De Jong, Umtiti, Junior, I?aki, Mingueza, Ilaix, Konrad and Collado.

Home of Barca Fans