User Tag List

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Alaves 5-1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    It's possible to beat Sevilla 4-1 no doubt if the players are up for it. But we need to play much better than we did in the first leg. And please don't play Umtiti again.
    True, hopefully Araujo won't re-injure himself. We could play Mingueza or possibly Pique alongside Araujo.

Dest should also be good to go.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we never see Firpo Umtiti Mingueza Alba again. 3 of them should be playing as little as possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    We have to play the CB partnership and RB that we will be going to Paris with. Other than that Trincao and Puig should come into the lineups for some bodies.

Alaves is a game we can and should wrap up by HT.
    we're going TO Paris next month, we're at home first. Probably mixed that up as we're so used to play 1st legs of the 1/8 finals away.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to win the first leg at home, better with two or three goals difference as in paris Neymar and Di Maria will be back and with them they will be much stronger.
    #TeamPuig

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    To my impression Griezmann, FDJ, Pedri and Alba looked very tired yesterday. Busquets is just that slow. Leo looked fine to me, but resting him for an hour and letting him turn things around should always be considered as tactical option. He proved it more than once.
    Agreed.

Especially Griezmann absolutely needs rest. With all extra times we've been through over the last month he has basically played 12 games in our last 11 games.

Hope Braithwaite and Pjanić will be ready tomorrow so we can rotate more.

I'd go for something like this:

MATS, Mingueza, Lenglet, Umtiti, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

Hopefully we can score early and have a 2-3 goal lead around 60th minute so we can sub off Messi and Busi.

Alternatively we could bring Messi of the bench (Dembouz would probably have to start in that case) but then I'm affraid the team will just wait for this to happen, possibly go behind and in the end we'll waste even more energy to try and make a comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With such schedule it's such a pitty they invested so much energy in the CdR for nothing. I'd fully rest starters for PSG first leg but surely RK won't do that since he hopes Atletico can still be cought which is very unlikely but not impossible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Agreed.

Especially Griezmann absolutely needs rest. With all extra times we've been through over the last month he has basically played 12 games in our last 11 games.

MATS, Mingueza, Lenglet, Umtiti, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

Hopefully we can score early and have a 2-3 goal lead around 60th minute so we can sub off Messi and Busi.

Alternatively we could bring Messi of the bench (Dembouz would probably have to start in that case) but then I'm affraid the team will just wait for this to happen, possibly go behind and in the end we'll waste even more energy to try and make a comeback.
    Shouldnt use Messi, he needs to be full fit against PSG. If we cant beat Alaves without Messi at home anymore we dont deserve a win.
    #TeamPuig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not catching Atletico, especially if we can't rotate against Alaves at home without dropping points
    Zehahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleti play a couple of hours before us. If they lose it's an 8 point difference between us and them. Far from over this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    MATS
    Mingueza Umtiti Lenglet Firpo
    Busquets Pjanic Puig
    Trincao Braithwaite Konrad

Fitness permitting although may depend on Atletico result on how much risk willing to take.

v PSG

MATS
    Mingueza Araujo Lenglet Alba
    FDJ Pedri
    Messi
    Dembele Griezmann Trincao
    Trincao at the left seem not right. Move Dembele to the left instead. Doubt Trincao can play vs PSG but if he can have a great performance vs Alaves, he may have a chance.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Trincao at the left seem not right. Move Dembele to the left instead. Doubt Trincao can play vs PSG but if he can have a great performance vs Alaves, he may have a chance.
    Nah Dembele on right as right back would sit and not attack while he will hold width and Alba on other side.

Trincao or whoever was chosen in that scenario would need to play on left and keep Dembele on right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neto
    Mingueza lenglet umtiti firpo
    Pjanic puig busi
    Trincao messi konrad

2 half

Neto
    Mingueza de jong lenglet firpo
    Pjanic puig pedri
    Trincao braithwaite griezmann

Give a half time rest at least to de jong, pedri and busquets, with de jong playing as cb to avoid another possible injury of one of the cb's and so that he can rest a bit more, rather then running in mf like a madman.

Dembele needs to be rested too. Im curious what would koemann deploy, but for our sake i hope he would give one of the konrad, trincao, puig, pjanic a full 90 minutes. We need that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Agreed.

I really like your line-up, but imo Mingueza-Lenglet should get a start as CB-pair before the game against PSG. Given the available players in defense the best would be to play 3 at the back and rest Alba, but like I said, Mingueza and Lenglet should get a game to get used to each other in a set-up of a back-four.

There won't be many rotations Koeman said today, because there are not many players available to pick from. Sad, but true.

It's a pity. The position the team lacks depth in are also the positions the B-team has troubles. Both B-team right-backs are injured too
    Last edited by behindbrowneyes; 12th February 2021 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorrin10 View Post
    we're going TO Paris next month, we're at home first. Probably mixed that up as we're so used to play 1st legs of the 1/8 finals away.
    Admittedly I did not check properly. Thanks for the correction.
    FCB11

----Long ball to Messi----
    Pass left to Messi-Pass forward to Messi-Left foot to Messi
    Pass back to Messi-------------------------------Cut back to Messi
    ----Through Ball to Messi -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Messi---Backheel to Messi---
    ----I am Messi----1-2 with Messi----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ter Stegen, Dest, Sergio, Griezmann, Pjanić, Messi, Demb?l?, Riqui Puig, Neto, Lenglet, Pedri, Trinc?o, Jordi Alba, Matheus, De Jong, Umtiti, Junior, I?aki, Mingueza, Ilaix, Konrad and Collado.