La Liga | Round 22: Betis - FC Barcelona 2-3

FC B

Why would Barca make a priority out of CL? Does someone seriously think Barca would win it this year? :lol:

JamDav1982

Why would Barca make a priority out of CL? Does someone seriously think Barca would win it this year? :lol:

Barca will clearly make the CL a priority. There is a lot of money involved in going further even if PSG favourites.

The tie vs PSG will be the one planned for and taken priority ahead of any Copa or League game.

serghei

Plus CL is ridiculously random. Why not give it a shot :p

Yea, plus that, generally, if you can run and play with intensity, you can give a tough time to any team. In CL having a younger team that can press, run, and play with intensity is essential.

This Koeman team is more suited for Cups. A shame for that Juve crap game on Camp Nou. We could've gotten Porto :facepalm:.

Joan

What does making CL a priority even means in Barca's case? Every team, no matter the chances, will go full force there. Rest before matches depends on other circumstances.

What should we do? Rest the starters against PSG because we don't stand a chance to win it? :lol:

serghei

What does making CL a priority even means in Barca's case? Every team, no matter the chances, will go full force there. Rest before matches depends on other circumstances.

What should we do? Rest the starters against PSG because we don't stand a chance to win it? :lol:

It means resting players for CL, which we should not do, especially in the Copa at this advanced stage. For example, we need to go with the best of what we got away vs Sevilla in 4 days.

JerseyAddict

Not sure if La Liga is done. Atletico is dealing with Covid right now. It sounds bad, I know, but they could be dropping points coming week.

I highly doubt it. They are in a "decade" type of an opportunity. Real and Barca are struggling with internal problems.
This is a deal that can't be passed by.

soul24rage

I would have given rest to Alba and Griezmann as well, but I like how Koeman is thinking like the majority of this forum.

The league is really hard to win, so put all our eggs in CL and Copa.

fergus90

Sensible from Koeman in my opinion. We've played more 120 minute matches than anything else recently :lol: and getting to the business end of the cup competitions.

serghei

Koeman :worthy:

Great decisions. Grounded and realistic. We'll get burned out and get trashed by PSG with no rest at all.

I'm sure had we drawn Levante, we'd have fielded a stronger 11 here.

Home of Barca Fans