Copa 1/4 Final: Granada - FC Barcelona 3-5

malvolio

The Barca midfield is far better now and performing as a midfield allowed to have more freedom as opposed to cover for other older players.

The weakness in mid is Busquets at DM being so slow and being pulled out of position but even then it is much improved.

busquets might be the biggest liability right now, but not the only thing missing. pedri is still inexperienced and de jong is lacking in his passing(not his strongest point since forever).

agree that we improved and at least we have a stable starting midfield. just pointing out that midfield is not that good, as the focus for criticism is usually our defense and attack.

JamDav1982

busquets might be the biggest liability right now, but not the only thing missing. pedri is still inexperienced and de jong is lacking in his passing(not his strongest point since forever).

agree that we improved and at least we have a stable starting midfield. just pointing out that midfield is not that good, as the focus for criticism is usually our defense and attack.

De Jong passing is more than good enough and not a weakness but what he brings is why midfield has improved so much.

The slow/safe passing going nowhere fast as like last few seasons was not achieving much from middle of park and for me far weaker than now.

The defence has been down largely to individual mistakes.

Those two goals last night have nothing to do with the midfield and just terrible errors from Umtiti in most part.

Barca would be worse in my opinion if tried to start thinking of control above what the midfield is doing at moment. Messi/Griezmann etc are all benefiting from the way the midfield is set up.

wisconsincule

These just goes to show the level of over reactions on this forum is quite astonishing. Don't know if you guys are undercover Madrid fans or just really really sad people to only bash this team, the last one even right after we scored to take the lead. Toxic stuff.

Did you even watch the match live? I will eat crow for thinking Messi would not save us. As he definitely did. But you couldn?t have been feeling too great at 0-2 with 5 minutes left if you were actually watching.

JerseyAddict

Did you even watch the match live? I will eat crow for thinking Messi would not save us. As he definitely did. But you couldn?t have been feeling too great at 0-2 with 5 minutes left if you were actually watching.

There was no way on Earth that anyone could say in 87th min that we could win... After all that crossbars and shit that happend.

behindbrowneyes

Busquets and the left CB are the biggest liabilities on a top level. You either need another quick defender or you replace Busquets with a DM who has more dynamism.

Messi983

Wow, I've just seen Granada last loss at home when they've scored first was in March 2013. Since then they've had 66 wins and 13 draws.

Home of Barca Fans