User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: How good was Thierry Henry in his Barcelona's days ?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,229
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're comparable in terms of quality. Busi was a better player for our style imo, and Toure was the more complete DM with a more diverse array of skills. That goal vs Bilbao where he dribbled like Messi 3-4 dudes and smashed it in was pure Toure. Big, quick, bold, and deceivingly technical for his size.

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    8,553
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to have to wait years to get a team we can be proud of again. And even that isn't guaranteed (could be decades like with Pool).

    The true test for post 2005 Barca fans begins now.


  3. #33
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,229
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Going to have to wait years to get a team we can be proud of again. And even that isn't guaranteed (could be decades like with Pool).

    The true test for post 2005 Barca fans begins now.

    It'll happen far sooner than decades, but I guess it's better to lower your expectations for a few years and maybe get surprised.

  4. #34
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8,354
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    right, because winning 6/6 trophies is overrated... since it happens all the time
    And?

    He started 15 league games in his final season, and moaned about wanting to leave in his first season constantly with under 20 goals.

  5. #35
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utumno
    Posts
    4,641
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    And?

    He started 15 league games in his final season, and moaned about wanting to leave in his first season constantly with under 20 goals.

  6. #36
    Valverde Cultist
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8,354
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said most overated player

  7. #37
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Like I said most overated player
    Did you ever watch him with Arsenal and Barcelona ? How many strikers of that generation do you put above ? No that many in my opinion. People tend to forget that he scored 20 goals in la Liga in 2008-2009, better than the best season of a beast like El Guaje David Villa here. I still remember his games against Sevilla, Madrid, Lyon, Bayern, Valencia... Just a pure class.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,004
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KingLeo10 & @serghei

    Yaya's best position wasn't even DM and he didn't hit is prime until he left us. So I think Busi is a clear winner when comparing who was the best DM in their respective Barca primes.

    If we're only looking at 2008-09 when Busi was a newbie, it's a whole other discussion though, and I think it comes down to preference in different types of games.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,229
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    @KingLeo10 & @serghei

    Yaya's best position wasn't even DM and he didn't hit is prime until he left us. So I think Busi is a clear winner when comparing who was the best DM in their respective Barca primes.

    If we're only looking at 2008-09 when Busi was a newbie, it's a whole other discussion though, and I think it comes down to preference in different types of games.
    Sure, my point is Toure was very versatile because he had a great combo of both technical and physical skills. He even played CB in a CL final and did it near perfect. Not to mention his box to box days at City. Even at Barca, he had a box to box element to his game and an attacking ability that is rare for DMs.

    But for the purpose of what Pep wanted from his DM, Busi fit that role better.

  10. #40
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Sure, my point is Toure was very versatile because he had a great combo of both technical and physical skills. He even played CB in a CL final and did it near perfect. Not to mention his box to box days at City. Even at Barca, he had a box to box element to his game and an attacking ability that is rare for DMs.

    But for the purpose of what Pep wanted from his DM, Busi fit that role better.
    Sometimes I believe that Yaya could be a danger for Xavi because for the season 2008-09, he was great defensively of course, recovered a lot of balls but he could hold on the ball and break the lines when he wanted. He had a great technique and was a better dribbler than Xavi. Neverthelless he scored some nice goals like the goal in the copa's final in 2009. Yaya is underrated and when I look at the seasons he made for Man City, I think it would have been very difficult to keep him in the same team with Xavi and Iniesta.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,229
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoshow View Post
    Sometimes I believe that Yaya could be a danger for Xavi because for the season 2008-09, he was great defensively of course, recovered a lot of balls but he could hold on the ball and break the lines when he wanted. He had a great technique and was a better dribbler than Xavi. Neverthelless he scored some nice goals like the goal in the copa's final in 2009. Yaya is underrated and when I look at the seasons he made for Man City, I think it would have been very difficult to keep him in the same team with Xavi and Iniesta.
    Only in the sense that Yaya probably wanted to attack more, and we had enough attackers already who ran the offense. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o, Henry, and even later on. But he could never even get close of replacing someone like Xavi or Iniesta in the team.

    Basically, Yaya wasn't as selfless as it was needed for that position and the style Pep wanted to implement, and probably this is the main reason why Pep replaced him with Busi. And in a way he was justified because he had far more offensive qualities than a player playing deep usually has.
    Last edited by serghei; 27th January 2021 at 09:13 AM.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post


    The amount of alpha in this team is absolutely astounding.

    The amount of talent in this team is absolutely astounding.

    Two GOAT tier midfielders, a GOAT tier RB, and a GOAT tier player in their prime.

    Even VV was a level or two above anything else we've had at GK recently in the truly big games.
    GOAT’s!

    Saw this pic on Twitter, what a pic!


  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,189
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    GOAT’s!

    Saw this pic on Twitter, what a pic!

    That was the moment when everyone knew barca will win the CL. Xavi was priceless this match. It was like a warming up for the cl final 2011 for Leo when he showed one of the best individual performance i have ever seen from a player

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,229
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    GOAT’s!

    Saw this pic on Twitter, what a pic!

    Wow, talk about a dynamic picture.

  15. #45
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Utumno
    Posts
    4,641
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Canada
    hell of a shot, that. i want it framed!