User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 316

Thread: Copa 1/8 Final: Rayo Vallecano - FC Barcelona 1-2

  1. #1
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States

    Copa 1/8 Final: Rayo Vallecano - FC Barcelona 1-2

    Copa 1/8 Final

    Wednesday, January 27, 21:00 CET

    -
    ----


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi surely starts this one.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lineup

    Neto---Dest, Araujo, Umtiti, Junior---Pjanic, Busi, Puig---Trincao, Griezmann, Braithwaite

    Subs
    Mingueza for Dest
    Moriba for Pjanic
    Konrad for Braithwaite
    Pedri for Puig
    Messi for Griezmann
    Last edited by soul24rage; 25th January 2021 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,154
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    better to play with best team than risk another extra time, things in liga got better so I think copa should have priority now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    3,707
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Only chance to even challenge for a trophy this season. Should go all in for this one

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,175
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    better to play with best team than risk another extra time, things in liga got better so I think copa should have priority now.
    Same. Looking at the rate at which Villareal and Sociedad lose points, the top 4 will probably be Atletico, Madrid, Barca, and Sevilla. It's very unlikely we see other top 4 this season.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12,525
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with a semi-rotated lineup.


    Neto; Dest*, Mingueza, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

    *If he's fit, otherwise don't risk him

    I'd rest Araujo, Griezmann, Pedri and Dembele here, they've accumulated a lot of minutes in last two weeks with all the extra times we've played. With Busi suspended for Bilbao he'll surely start and Messi will also retun. FDJ could come off the bench.


    I've watched Rayo's game against Mallorca on Saturday and they were 3-0 down after 20 minutes. They want to play from the back and they've done some bad mistakes in the build up so I'd press them high. They probably won't play the same way against us though.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Only chance to even challenge for a trophy this season. Should go all in for this one
    Nah dawg, Bayern Breaker's gonna get us the CL
    Zehahahahahahahaha


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,175
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I'd go with a semi-rotated lineup.


    Neto; Dest*, Mingueza, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

    *If he's fit, otherwise don't risk him

    I'd rest Araujo, Griezmann, Pedri and Dembele here, they've accumulated a lot of minutes in last two weeks with all the extra times we've played. With Busi suspended for Bilbao he'll surely start and Messi will also retun. FDJ could come off the bench.


    I've watched Rayo's game against Mallorca on Saturday and they were 3-0 down after 20 minutes. They want to play from the back and they've done some bad mistakes in the build up so I'd press them high. They probably won't play the same way against us though.
    I think we might see a case where a 3rd league opponent is a tougher affair than a Segunda side. Bad pitch, bad lighting, players who give every resource of energy, and so on.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Nazario1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This type of games are very tough specially for a squad looking for it's momentum.

    It can boost the moral or break it depends how it ends.

    I don't see why we need to rest anyone for this game, go full potential of the team and trash RV & lets see what we can do .... or not

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should rest some players but not overrotate.
    Messi imo should be used as a sub in second half. He needs game time but not to be burnt out.
    Griezmann could do with a rest. We could play konrad and trincao from start along with braith.
    I would also like to see pedri rested.

  12. #12
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States
    Pedri and Frenkie should be rested. Maybe Dembele too.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,836
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wtf is going on with Dest? He's still clearly injured so why did they take a risk and call him up last game? Lucky we didn't trail so he didn't need to come on.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,836
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I think Koeman will go for:

    Neto
    Mingueza, Araujo, Lenglet, Firpo
    Frenkie, Busi, Pjanic
    Trincao, Messi, Griezmann


    Personally I'd swap Araujo for Umtiti, Frenkie for Puig and Griezmann for Braithwaite. But I think Koeman doesn't want to gamble too much.