Copa 1/8 Final

Wednesday, January 27, 21:00 CET

i5LifmxEVIl0sbvIysiyhw_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

----

soul24rage

My lineup

Neto---Dest, Araujo, Umtiti, Junior---Pjanic, Busi, Puig---Trincao, Griezmann, Braithwaite

Subs
Mingueza for Dest
Moriba for Pjanic
Konrad for Braithwaite
Pedri for Puig
Messi for Griezmann

Last edited:

Hardy

better to play with best team than risk another extra time, things in liga got better so I think copa should have priority now.

serghei

better to play with best team than risk another extra time, things in liga got better so I think copa should have priority now.

Same. Looking at the rate at which Villareal and Sociedad lose points, the top 4 will probably be Atletico, Madrid, Barca, and Sevilla. It's very unlikely we see other top 4 this season.

Messi983

I'd go with a semi-rotated lineup.

Neto; Dest*, Mingueza, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

*If he's fit, otherwise don't risk him

I'd rest Araujo, Griezmann, Pedri and Dembele here, they've accumulated a lot of minutes in last two weeks with all the extra times we've played. With Busi suspended for Bilbao he'll surely start and Messi will also retun. FDJ could come off the bench.

I've watched Rayo's game against Mallorca on Saturday and they were 3-0 down after 20 minutes. They want to play from the back and they've done some bad mistakes in the build up so I'd press them high. They probably won't play the same way against us though.

serghei

I'd go with a semi-rotated lineup.

Neto; Dest*, Mingueza, Lenglet, Firpo; Pjanić, Busi, Puig; Trincao, Braithwaite, Messi

*If he's fit, otherwise don't risk him

I'd rest Araujo, Griezmann, Pedri and Dembele here, they've accumulated a lot of minutes in last two weeks with all the extra times we've played. With Busi suspended for Bilbao he'll surely start and Messi will also retun. FDJ could come off the bench.

I've watched Rayo's game against Mallorca on Saturday and they were 3-0 down after 20 minutes. They want to play from the back and they've done some bad mistakes in the build up so I'd press them high. They probably won't play the same way against us though.

I think we might see a case where a 3rd league opponent is a tougher affair than a Segunda side. Bad pitch, bad lighting, players who give every resource of energy, and so on.

Nazario1985

This type of games are very tough specially for a squad looking for it's momentum.

It can boost the moral or break it depends how it ends.

I don't see why we need to rest anyone for this game, go full potential of the team and trash RV & lets see what we can do .... or not

JohnN

We should rest some players but not overrotate.
Messi imo should be used as a sub in second half. He needs game time but not to be burnt out.
Griezmann could do with a rest. We could play konrad and trincao from start along with braith.
I would also like to see pedri rested.

Andresito

Staff member
Wtf is going on with Dest? He's still clearly injured so why did they take a risk and call him up last game? Lucky we didn't trail so he didn't need to come on.

Andresito

Staff member
What I think Koeman will go for:

Neto
Mingueza, Araujo, Lenglet, Firpo
Frenkie, Busi, Pjanic
Trincao, Messi, Griezmann

Personally I'd swap Araujo for Umtiti, Frenkie for Puig and Griezmann for Braithwaite. But I think Koeman doesn't want to gamble too much.

Home of Barca Fans