La Liga | Round 20: Elche - FC Barcelona 0-2

JamDav1982

In the last game, Pedri should be fresh enough against a team that already played 70 minutes-ish.

They are not the same profile, but Puig is the closest in terms of profile to Pedri in this current squad, and I think Puig should come on more often as a sub in difficult games (Pedri should definitely start in difficult games)

Whether people like him or not, Puig does inject energy to the team as a sub.

In the easy games, maybe Puig can start and Pedri can come on.

I just don't want players to start all the time and be burned out around Feb or March.

Puig is not the same type of player or as good as Pedri so will have less chance of being brought on in games still tight.

If Barca go ahead by a few then think changes will happen more often.

Pedri still blows hot and cold in games as still young and learning... every time he has bad periods now folk will claim he is tired

soul24rage

Puig is not the same type of player or as good as Pedri so will have less chance of being brought on in games still tight.

If Barca go ahead by a few then think changes will happen more often.

Pedri still blows hot and cold in games as still young and learning... every time he has bad periods now folk will claim he is tired

I agree that Puig is not as good as Pedri, but I would still sub on Puig who can inject energy to the side than keeping a heavy legged Pedri on the field for the final 30 minutes.

Let's hope for both of our sakes that Barca go ahead by a few.

JamDav1982

I agree that Puig is not as good as Pedri, but I would still sub on Puig who can inject energy to the side than keeping a heavy legged Pedri on the field for the final 30 minutes.

Let's hope for both of our sakes that Barca go ahead by a few.

Folk will guess at how tired Pedri is depending on performance and desire to see Puig on.

Not even sure Koeman will turn to Puig in these games either even if ahead and resting players.

freetocan

Agree

In the last game, Pedri should be fresh enough against a team that already played 70 minutes-ish.

They are not the same profile, but Puig is the closest in terms of profile to Pedri in this current squad, and I think Puig should come on more often as a sub in difficult games (Pedri should definitely start in difficult games)

Whether people like him or not, Puig does inject energy to the team as a sub.

In the easy games, maybe Puig can start and Pedri can come on.

I just don't want players to start all the time and be burned out around Feb or March.

Fully agree with your comments bro.
Unfit
Rtunatelly we still have a stubborn and idiot couch who does not like Puig at all. Puig should play most of the matches at least those who on the paper look easier.
On another hand, we play all the time from the beginning with one or two players less. I will never see Griezman and Braithwaite in Barca team. These two guys together to not value to one mediocre player. Puig, for ex, could be much more useful than any one of them or even both together. Please keep that in mind.
Be realistic guys and have a close look on either one. Griezman run as a headless fly, when he has. A clear opportunity shoot outside and ALL the time he does not create any useful chance of score, just pass the ball to another player. Such of waisteful player.
Braithwaite same, this guy could not have place to even in seconds division in Spain but starts in Barca first XI???? Just nonsense.
In Copa, I was impressed by Konrad de la Fuente. This guy looks to have a much better potential than any Griezman or Bratw. I would give this guy more and more minutes and would bet with you that he would be more useful than any of the two.
Again, when Griezman and Braithwaite are in team, we are down two players. That's why we awe REALLY struggle. Keep these two guys out and you all will see a difference.
Lastly, I am hoping that after today presidential vote, this stupid coach wii be finally show the door till will not to be late.
We still have a chance to finish second in La Liga and win the Copa.
Forget about PSG game. Again, Griezman and Braithwaite together don't equal a half leg of Mbappe or Neymar..sorry guys but I played and understand very well this game.
I bet you all that if Barca want to sell now Griezman and Braithwaite, NOBoDy will buy them. So with these type of players, what do you expect?

JamDav1982

As bad as Griezmann has been at times he is a far better and more useful player than Puig and should be starting just now.

freetocan

Not sure what you mean "at times". To me seems to be all the time.
Bro, it appears that you are either Real Madrid fun or/and France fun BUT no Barca.
I guess you are mixing up the forums.

JamDav1982

Not sure what you mean "at times". To me seems to be all the time.
Bro, it appears that you are either Real Madrid fun or/and France fun BUT no Barca.
I guess you are mixing up the forums.

Fairly obvious what 'at times' means.

You are speaking nonsense and trying and failing to troll. Good luck with that.

freetocan

Man, I respect your admiration for Griezman. Fair enough. No problem with that. Everyone is free to be fun to somebody. What I am saying is, this guy does not have any value for Barca. He might be very good for others but what he showed till now at. Barca does not deserve his place in Barca team. Maybe as a sub for Braithwaite in the 90 min.

fergus90

Man, I respect your admiration for Griezman. Fair enough. No problem with that. Everyone is free to be fun to somebody. What I am saying is, this guy does not have any value for Barca. He might be very good for others but what he showed till now at. Barca does not deserve his place in Barca team. Maybe as a sub for Braithwaite in the 90 min.

Griezmann is twice the player Braithwaite is. Griezmann has been pretty average for Barca that is true but he is so far ahead of Braithwaite on a technical level.

freetocan

Fergus I agree with you. I have to recognize that I was ironic to Griezman address when I mentioned that. Yes, overall Griezman is better than Braithwaite but not too far...

JohnN

So, Koeman before the start of the season, though we should give away Pedri, Alena and Puig. Rumor has it he wanted one more midfielder, who was in his 30s.
One must wander, Where would that take us, if we are still unable to rotate, with pedri and Puig still in the squad..

JamDav1982

So, Koeman before the start of the season, though we should give away Pedri, Alena and Puig. Rumor has it he wanted one more midfielder, who was in his 30s.
One must wander, Where would that take us, if we are still unable to rotate, with pedri and Puig still in the squad..

Not quite 'give away' and Pedri would never have left on loan anyway as won him over after a few training sessions.

Wijnaldum was not going to arrive last summer and Koeman unlikely to have pushed for him knowing Liverpool would not sell and were still discussing a contract.

Alena and Puig would have been better served going out on loan.

fergus90

Not quite 'give away' and Pedri would never have left on loan anyway as won him over after a few training sessions.

Wijnaldum was not going to arrive last summer and Koeman unlikely to have pushed for him knowing Liverpool would not sell and were still discussing a contract.

Alena and Puig would have been better served going out on loan.

I think Wijnaldum will definitely be here next season, he's definitely mentally checked out at Liverpool now as the last few games he's been pretty horrendous compared to his usual consistency.

Alena and Puig will be loaned out this time around.

JamDav1982

I think Wijnaldum will definitely be here next season, he's definitely mentally checked out at Liverpool now as the last few games he's been pretty horrendous compared to his usual consistency.

Alena and Puig will be loaned out this time around.

Wijnaldum next season is irrelevant to the point being made. Could well arrive at Barca this summer.

Home of Barca Fans