User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Super Cup Final: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-3

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spanish Super Cup Final: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-3

Sunday, January 17, 21:00

-
    -------

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We dominated them for most of the game in Bilbao last week and still only won 3-2. And that was with Marcelino only having a training or two with the team. After two weeks under his guidance players will know his system better. IIRC Marcelino's teams have never beaten us in La Liga but we still remember that last Copa final with Valencia.

They will also be more rested. Sure, Bilbao played their semi-final a day after us but they didn't play their league game last weekend and we also played additional 30 minutes against Sociedad.

So it won't be an easy game especially if Messi won't be ready but I still think we'll win our first (and probably only) trophy in 2021.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, at this point this would be nice trophy to win. Go for it.. Could be good morale boost too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling quite excited to the prospect of winning a trophy once again after such a long time.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though it’s played in 20/21 season doesn’t this still count for 19/20 season?

If so and we win we didn’t go trophyless last season

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were better vs AB with Messi. Without him, seein how much pain RS gave us, I don't know... It will be a tough match.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    We were better vs AB with Messi. Without him, seein how much pain RS gave us, I don't know... It will be a tough match.
    He’s travelled with the team so let’s hope he makes it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    He’s travelled with the team so let’s hope he makes it.
    I hope he does. People shitting on him or not but he seems to be our only attacker that is reliable to score. We can't put our "money" on Griez or Martin...
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lineup

MATS---Dest, Araujo, Mingueza, Alba---DJ, Busi, Puig---Dembele, Braithwaite, Griezmann

-Left out Messi as I don't think he'll be 100% fit by this game.
    -Left out Pedri as it looks like he could really use a rest. Bring Pedri on for the 2nd half.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tired players need to give it their all one more time. Can rest against cornella.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Tired players need to give it their all one more time. Can rest against cornella.
    If we go home vs Cornella, this Supercup means jack shit. The team better be focused.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team desperately needs a moral boost. Players getting tired a bit is a risk we'd have to take. This isn't a 3rd world country club with amateur players and amateur conditions to thrive in. Modern conditions that players have in top clubs compensate a tight schedule.Also we recently play way more younger players now who recover way quicker than the oldies.What young players need are trophies,success,moral boost to get their confidence pumping.They don't need an extra day break. As shit as this trophy is for a young lad just getting into the deep in soccer it could be a game changer. Personal view of course,but i wish Kuman can find the balance between resting and attempt of wining.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi will participate in today's activation session. [cadena ser]

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lionel Messi is starting tonight. He has decided that he wants to play. If there is no setback in the activation session, he will be part of the XI. [cadena ser]

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it is because he is fit, not because he want's to. Barcelona needs prime Messi performance today. Not "shadow-walker".