Spanish Super Cup Final: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-3

BarcaOG

Banned
True. Great start for the coach. He seems to find a way to beat Barca in finals.

yeah. bilbao isnt a team that wins trophies often, so im happy for them. it means a lot more to them than us.

the thing with these kinds of trophies is that if you win them, thats cool, but noone will really credit them much, all things considered. (like winning the carabao cup in England. cool, but w.e). but losing them is somewhat worse because it shows a basic incompetence --i.e. not even being able to win this competition etc

FinBarcelonafan

yeah. bilbao isnt a team that wins trophies often, so im happy for them. it means a lot more to them than us.

the thing with these kinds of trophies is that if you win them, thats cool, but noone will really credit them much, all things considered. (like winning the carabao cup in England. cool, but w.e). but losing them is somewhat worse because it shows a basic incompetence --i.e. not even being able to win this competition etc

I think beating both Real and Barca made it special for Athletic.

behindbrowneyes

He will approach it as Barca always do hopefully with a heavily rotated side to rest first team players.

Regardless if win or draw and regardless of these last two games that is how these games should always be approached.

Tbf, the modus has changed and back then you could repair a bad 1st leg with your best XI in the 2nd leg. Now that it is just 1 game the risk of getting kicked out by an underdog is much higher.

JamDav1982

Tbf, the modus has changed and back then you could repair a bad 1st leg with your best XI in the 2nd leg. Now that it is just 1 game the risk of getting kicked out by an underdog is much higher.

There is always a risk and just about every top team in world will rotate for one off cup games to provide rest and minutes to fringe players.

In a season like this with more games compacted any game vs a team Barca B can compete with should be treated as always has been.

Even if risk is higher to go out doesnt change how should be approached.

soul24rage

JerseyAddict

I think this is the best way.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1351120525620342786.html

I unrolled the thread, so it is viewable in one page (link is above). If you use Google Chrome, there should be a button in which it can auto-translate Spanish to English. (link is below to how to do it)

https://www.howtogeek.com/407924/how-to-turn-translation-on-or-off-in-chrome/

Let me know if this works.

Oh great. Yes I know how toc translate text pages.
I was thinking the article is only available in video on twitter

Thanx

Home of Barca Fans