Spanish Super Cup 1/2 Final: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-1 (2-3 pen.)

Andresito

Staff member
Mickey Mouse trophy or not, you could see how much it meant for our inexperienced players to win a shootout after 120 tough minutes.

This trophy is an easy way to boost the confidence for the rest of the season. Can't see why it's not important, which is why I think Messi will play the final.

Andresito

Staff member
Also first penalty shootout for Barca in an official cup since 1998. Certainly the longest run of any top teams.

malvolio

even if we lost control of the match and the second half was an all around shit show, it was good to win in the end. playing 120 exhausting minutes of box to box football and losing, would have been terrible.

good confidence boost and a chance for the young players to win something this season.

JohnN

Good confidence booster, agreed. But we have lessons to take from this game too.
We shouldn't try to play box to box football for 90 minutes. We should stick to controlling the ball more, as we have players who at better at this than running all the time with no purpose.
Perhaps without Messi and dest this was harder to do,but we still gave up control when we got tired and we can't let lesser teams dictate the tempo.

malvolio

Good confidence booster, agreed. But we have lessons to take from this game too.
We shouldn't try to play box to box football for 90 minutes. We should stick to controlling the ball more, as we have players who at better at this than running all the time with no purpose.
Perhaps without Messi and dest this was harder to do,but we still gave up control when we got tired and we can't let lesser teams dictate the tempo.

the problem i see here is that de jong is not the guy to control a game. he seems to shine in this type of games, when we are trading blows.

so we'll have to see what midfielder should replace busquets and how pedri develops. right now midfield is too unbalanced.

JamDav1982

Tactics virtually went out the window for both teams probably as less at stake to lose and happy to be a bit more gung ho it seemed.

Both were leaving men up the park and getting from front to back as quickly as could.

Wouldnt draw too many conclusions from that game it was chaos at times. Same as games in Supercup last season.

Messi983

Maybe it was already mentioned and now that we've won it's not really that important but I'll leave this here.

The same ref who awarded a penatly to Sociedad yesterday for FDJ's handball didn't give a much more obvious one to Eibar against Madrid last month. Yeah, I know it's a s***y picture.

img_jgascon_20210114-010435_imagenes_md_terceros_amano-kP0B-U491561665166qpH-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.PNG

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe it was already mentioned and now that we've won it's not really that important but I'll leave this here.

The same ref who awarded a penatly to Sociedad yesterday for FDJ's handball didn't give a much more obvious one to Eibar against Madrid last month. Yeah, I know it's a s***y picture.

img_jgascon_20210114-010435_imagenes_md_terceros_amano-kP0B-U491561665166qpH-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.PNG

As expected :angry:

nibarcafans

Tough performance to watch at times, but hopefully will be a confidence booster as we did in the end get the job done, and on to a final. Left to right, right to left, slow, predictable, no threat, no ideas. One of the occasions that wasn't the case, was to go 1-0 up. Good forward run off the ball from Griezmann, good strength and through ball from Braithwaite. Defensively, if you didn't know the players, and just watched our games, you wouldn't know which of Lenglet, Araujo and Mingueza is the experienced first teamer, and which are the young lads breaking through. Araujo's strength and pace is obvious to see. Delighted to see Puig slot his penalty away, great to see how passionate he is - when the camera went to the players after each penalty, and then when he scored his own

Boikov

Hey guys,new member to the forums here so this would be my first comment.

Wanted to say i am a bit disappointed at the lack of play time Puig is getting under Koeman's coaching. Sure,he is still very young and does need polishing,but he has hints of magic in his feet that can be seen in every game.AND secondly,and that's a biggy for me, he has heart and balls. Our team is so spineless atm that thats exactly the kind of mentality player we need.Someone who WANTS to fight and is not afraid to step up. Amazing dribbler and great vision for the game. My only issue is his weight. He needs to put some work into gains if he is to be more competative.I think this can only make him better. Hope he gets the chance he deserves and hope he does live up to my expectations. Wanting the last penalty in any tournament shows courage and im happy for him that he scored yesterday.

serghei

Lol, and the Ramos one is like on a different planet in terms of hand ball interpretations. His hand is obviously extended way out, and De Jong's is near his body.

FinBarcelonafan

Haha classic

Home of Barca Fans