User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florian Wirtz

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Don't know what this is about, Wirtz is a fantastic talent, but - like Olmo - makes zero sense in our current situation. AM is well covered (one of the few positions). Not to mention Wirtz plays as a #10... exactly what we need. I am all for following his development and trajectory, but another U19 AM is the last of my concerns.
    AM is not well covered, at all. None of the positions on pitch are. Maybe LW is, but I don't rate our current options. but overall I agree with you, if we're to bring an attacking midfielder it should be an experienced player in their mid-20s not another wonderkid.

Havertz had 20 goals and 18 assists in his first season, and now he's not even pulling up half those numbers. Really shouldn't trust wonderkid stats in Germany, they're all inflated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    AM is not well covered, at all. None of the positions on pitch are. Maybe LW is, but I don't rate our current options. but overall I agree with you, if we're to bring an attacking midfielder it should be an experienced player in their mid-20s not another wonderkid.

Havertz had 20 goals and 18 assists in his first season, and now he's not even pulling up half those numbers. Really shouldn't trust wonderkid stats in Germany, they're all inflated.
    'Well covered' means, well, we have a good player there (Pedri). That doesn't apply to every position :P But I can understand the interest in Olmo even though I am not a fan. He's versatile, mid 20 and a hard worker. It's just that I would rather plug the other holes first (DM, RW, CB). Wirtz on the other hand makes truly no sense. We even have Gavi coming up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Well covered' means, well, we have a good player there (Pedri). That doesn't apply to every position :P But I can understand the interest in Olmo even though I am not a fan. He's versatile, mid 20 and a hard worker. It's just that I would rather plug the other holes first (DM, RW, CB). Wirtz on the other hand makes truly no sense. We even have Gavi coming up.
    Pedri isn't good, though. He doesn't get into any top team in Europe besides us, because right now we're shit.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedri is excellent, he'll play much better in a well-oiled team under a proper class manager, as will all players who need that sort of knowledge to really improve. If Pedri is not good, and he was named best young player in the last Euro, then nearly all other young midfielders are even worse.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like centrebacks, midfielders take awhile to mature. "Being the best young midfielder" doesnt mean much considering the lack of competition. The best midfielders in the best teams are all in their mid-20s or older.

The obsession with youth is for 2nd tier clubs like Dortmund or Leverkusen.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pedri and FDJ are about only two Barca players that just about every top team in Europe would be after if available.

Maybe Gavi as well due to his potential.

Pedri was the best midfielder at the Euros at 18 and in team of tournament. It is not just about him being in Barca side as Barca are shit and he is no good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laplacian View Post
    Like centrebacks, midfielders take awhile to mature. "Being the best young midfielder" doesnt mean much considering the lack of competition. The best midfielders in the best teams are all in their mid-20s or older.

The obsession with youth is for 2nd tier clubs like Dortmund or Leverkusen.
    Guys like Pedri aren't really the problem. Ansu was on a good path as well. They are as established as young players can be. Unlike Real's last Spanish generations for example (Ceballos and co). Otherwise I agree, we need players in their prime (mid 20's ideally) and that's what separates top teams from the likes of Dortmund as you said. I am repeating myself, but we should plug the holes around our genuine talents first though.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely player but let's not kid ourselves, we all know where he'll end up. #bayernliga

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading a lot of positives about him. BuLi's best player so far this season being one example.
    4 goals, 5 assists in 7 league games so far. 2 goals in 2 EL games as well.
    And he's only 18.

I'm on board.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leverkusen are playing Bayern on Sunday btw, could be a good opportunity to keep an eye on him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Musiala he looks very offensive, more like a #10. I am not high on players like that for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Musiala he looks very offensive, more like a #10. I am not high on players like that for us.
    You dont have a chance to get him anyway..he and his father made it clear, that he ll stay at Leverkusen until 2023.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now we have to focus on developing Pedri and Gavi as first team midfielders anyways. In a few years time either one of them doesn't pan out, or if they do, we could look to reinvest FdJ.
    Oscar Winners

2018- One Night in Liverpool
    2019 - Crouching Valverde, Hidden Malcom
    2020 - Raging Kow

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wirtz will end up at Bayern unfortunately.