La Liga | Round 14: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 2-2

mc_lovin

Very not so. We need speed in our game, pressing, quick-transitions. Get close to what Europe's best sides are playing currently. Messi-led Barca is lacking behind in both.

What Messi wants, and what we need right now are totally different things.

You think far too many steps ahead. First we need to get on a decent level again, then we can talk about the Liverpools/Bayerns of this world. Crossing Messi out from the equation does not suddenly get us there. We need a CF, a defensive midfielder and a CB. None of those signings/players would somehow clash with Messi (or the other way around). And all those weaknesses should be adressed whether Messi is here or not.

After that we can talk about Messi, Griezmann, Trincao and Dembele (and who should ruin our RW). Because those are our only options short term. From those four I am still fairly in camp Messi (though I dont care too much if he stays or not).

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

This game solidified for me that we’re going for top 4 and not the title this season. We had a chance to rack up some wins in a row and fucked it up. Now 6 of next 7 games are away....

serghei

You think far too many steps ahead. First we need to get on a decent level again, then we can talk about the Liverpools/Bayerns of this world. Crossing Messi out from the equation does not suddenly get us there. We need a CF, a defensive midfielder and a CB. None of those signings/players would somehow clash with Messi (or the other way around). And all those weaknesses should be adressed whether Messi is here or not.

After that we can talk about Messi, Griezmann, Trincao and Dembele (and who should ruin our RW). Because those are our only options short term. From those four I am still fairly in camp Messi (though I dont care too much if he stays or not).

And for me, what you are proposing is dragging out these washed up Amigos like Messi, Busi, Pique even more. To do what exactly? Get beaten 5-0 in CL again? :lol: You need to have an upside from doing that. That incentive would've been challenging for the title. Problem is Messi isn't even good enough to be a reliable scorer in La Liga anymore. Benzema is better than him this season.

You'd make top 4 with Messi, and you'd make top 4 without him. So, you do nothing but waste time with your plan. Waste enough time, and making top 4 becomes a new reality for a decade.

Every offensive player from CM up clashes with Messi. The only positions on the field which are unaffected by Messi's "freedom" are goalkeeper, and CBs. So you can only sign Upamecano (for example) and that's about it until you have to cut Messi and totally change the way this team attacks. And only after that you can be sure a player fits or not with how the team plays.

Last edited:

Raki13

And for me, what you are proposing is dragging out these washed up Amigos like Messi, Busi, Pique even more. To do what exactly? Get beaten 5-0 in CL again? :lol: You need to have an upside from doing that. That incentive would've been challenging for the title. Problem is Messi isn't even good enough to be a reliable scorer in La Liga anymore. Benzema is better than him this season.

You'd make top 4 with Messi, and you'd make top 4 without him. So, you do nothing but waste time with your plan. Waste enough time, and making top 4 becomes a new reality for a decade.

Every offensive player from CM up clashes with Messi. The only positions on the field which are unaffected by Messi's "freedom" are goalkeeper, and CBs. So you can only sign Upamecano (for example) and that's about it until you have to cut Messi and totally change the way this team attacks. And only after that you can be sure a player fits or not with how the team plays.

You talk some amount of garbage on here , this squad of players wouldnt get near top 4 without Messi. The great man is on the way down we all know that but he is still easily the best player in this woeful squad and in the Spanish league.

Home of Barca Fans