6 - Gavi

fergus90

He's doing well enough for a lad catapulted into the first team and national team. Has a certain character and grittiness to his game that the midfield has lacked in a while and that will only get better and channeled correctly with more time and experience.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Gavimiro vs Casemiro in a few days. Wonder who will avoid the first yellow card with the most amount of tackles.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

He's doing well enough for a lad catapulted into the first team and national team. Has a certain character and grittiness to his game that the midfield has lacked in a while and that will only get better and channeled correctly with more time and experience.

Very well said. Especially the part grittiness. We have been lacking grit for a long time.

Gavi blocked yesterday attack with diving head first under an opponent. Talking about playing with your heart and soul and body.

The guy is fearless. We need players like this.

Keep in mind, he is only seventeen. This could be great.

jamrock

We don't have many options but i would give the kid a rest, we don't want to run him into the ground like Pedri, while some were saying "oh he's young" or "oh technically he isn't playing that much because he got subbed off 4 times", until it all came catching up to him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Pedri wasnt 'run into the ground'.

Showed that at the Euros.

Pedri played less last season than likes of FDJ.

By time Real game comes round Gavi will have played two 70 minute games in the previous two weeks.

Folk over reacting again and will put any poor moments down to 'tiredness'.

Last edited:

Windhook

Roberto was far worse than Gavi yesterday. Could barely find his way on the ball and made team worse.

I agree. In his head Koeman thinks Roberto's experience and maturity might do better in critical situations. Somehow this idea doesn't channel into his play as Roberto keeps on taking the wrong decisions.

Zidane82

Gavimiro vs Casemiro in a few days. Wonder who will avoid the first yellow card with the most amount of tackles.

It will be nice to see one of ours dishing it out for a change .. it?s crazy how he flattens people and others bounce off him ... at 17

M3ls

Good analysis of Gavi's play.

Looking at him in the game with Valencia and yesterday, with Kiev ... I will say that at 17 he plays like a 15-year-old. In addition to the excitement in the eyes and running around (where it is not clear) I saw nothing.

Zidane82

Looking at him in the game with Valencia and yesterday, with Kiev ... I will say that at 17 he plays like a 15-year-old. In addition to the excitement in the eyes and running around (where it is not clear) I saw nothing.

You have picked on his two worst games though ... conveniently omitting the other real impressive performances plus his fabulous debut for Spain !

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

You just don't see much in general. It's okay

vegitot

He is agressive and plays with attitude but yeah, his age is too obvious. Same with his current ability.

Still bright future.

Home of Barca Fans