6 - Gavi

ajnotkeith

A big reason we looked better against Levante (despite them being a weak opponent) is the removal of Demir for Gavi.

That right flank was buzzing the last game and a lot went through there, Gavi was so involved on there. When Demir played that right flank may as well have been non-existent.

mc_lovin

After careful consideration I have decided to go all in on this one after I skipped the last few generations (Alena especially). Big news, I know.

Probably too late for a fancy hipster opinion though.

JohnN

Whoever we see vs Benfica, it's the first time since forever we have some actually usable youngsters.
Fati, Araujo, Pedri, Miguenza, Balde, Dest, Gavi.

Messi983

Hype-Train-edited-640x428.jpg

Porque

Had some incredible actions. Espanyol B games are always tough as they give 110% and their academy teams are generally close in level to ours.

Let's have a little dig into the Twitter hype machine after todays game.

"Whoever has seen Barcelona B today will understand why Riqui is not going to establish himself in the first team. What comes from behind (Gavi and Nico) is going to overwhelm him"

"People really thought La Masia was dead. Sheesh What a player only 16 years old and already so much flair and composure. I give it 2 years till he's promoted to the first team he's that good!"

"Gavi certified baller"

"Gavi is a thousand times more than Riqui Puig physically. What a crack it is"

Oh, and the best comment of them all

"Introduce Gavi to the first team [MENTION=28341]RonaldKoem[/MENTION]an"

[tw]1371065356706537472[/tw]

Repost from March. What can I say lads. Twitterverse knew.

Zidane82

Whoever we see vs Benfica, it's the first time since forever we have some actually usable youngsters.
Fati, Araujo, Pedri, Miguenza, Balde, Dest, Gavi.

Yes things are looking better ... especially with Fati returning in triumphant fashion

Wish we could lure Cavani to lead the line for this season .

ajnotkeith

Repost from March. What can I say lads. Twitterverse knew.

So the shit finally sticked hahahaha.

I would urge caution tho as I do with any Barca talent and it must be said Koeman is in a situation where he doesn't care about who plays anymore.

The real test for these youths will be when we get proper reinforcements in midfield and hopefully try to challenge again, to see if they get minutes. Riqui for sure won't be seeing any action under Koeman or Xavi or Martinez.

Gavi especially for his versatility is probably nailed on to be involved under the next manager. Played RM, CM, DM type roles so far and looked good in them.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

"People really thought La Masia was dead. Sheesh What a player only 16 years old and already so much flair and composure. I give it 2 years till he's promoted to the first team he's that good!"

Even during hype, they got it all wrong :coffee:

ajnotkeith

Played well in the middle of the shit game we played today. His workrate for such a young player is so good and it is a big part of his game which is good, we usually don't produce this kind of player.

Home of Barca Fans