6 - Gavi

JamDav1982

Bobo sour that Gavi is levels above 'top 3 in world Puig' and tries to troll about him being 'weak in duals'.

Usual clueless nonsense.

Bobo32

Analysts here commented how he looks strong for his age and they showed the moments he won the duels.

You want to talk about weak Roberto is your man.

Here they noted how he fell like a fallen leaf one time when he was caught out "he looks his age". He has fallen like that most games while playing with adults until now, but mostly gotten the free kicks so far, like Neymar.

Bobo32

He has really come out of nowhere, what a talent he could be in the right hands at Barca.

Yeah, BusitheKing with the nice OP just before last christmas!
I think he needs to change a few things in his game, but most of his flaws right now are of the kind I think will disappear with just more playing time
As someone said above though: I hope Koeman doesn't make him play EVERY minute of every game from now... I also hope that another manager will arrive SOON so that him, Pedri, Frenkie and Fati to name a few gets the right guidance: of course these are players with talent enough to be able to mark an era.

serghei

But... I want to see him tacking some shots from time to time. He looks like a player who can score goals as well, he has the tenacity to put some real power in his shots. Go for it when you have an opening.

Look at the bright side, when Luuk de Jong is on your left, and Coutinho is on your right, nobody will blame you if you take a shot.

Daisymorr

Yeah, BusitheKing with the nice OP just before last christmas!
I think he needs to change a few things in his game, but most of his flaws right now are of the kind I think will disappear with just more playing time
As someone said above though: I hope Koeman doesn't make him play EVERY minute of every game from now... I also hope that another manager will arrive SOON so that him, Pedri, Frenkie and Fati to name a few gets the right guidance: of course these are players with talent enough to be able to mark an era.

Yep, we just need to put the pieces together in the right way and the make the cogs work as part of a system.. Xavi was not really wanted by managers before Pep but Pep wanted to make him the heartbeat of the team. If we had a manager who knew what to do with these brilliant talents, things might not be as bad as we think for the future

Bobo32

Yep, we just need to put the pieces together in the right way and the make the cogs work as part of a system.. Xavi was not really wanted by managers before Pep but Pep wanted to make him the heartbeat of the team. If we had a manager who knew what to do with these brilliant talents, things might not be as bad as we think for the future

I think so as well! Awaiting some rude replies by some users for what you wrote about Xavi, but he certainly was undervalued even by Rijkaard.
I have sensed for about two years that the future for Barcelona can be either very bright or very dim; I really think now that the next manager will be very crucial, and I think it's obvious it should be Xavi

serghei

Nico gives me not so great vibes.

But Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie, and if we find another midfielder who can score goals, someone in the 23-26 years old range... that midfield looks tasty.

ajnotkeith

Gavi has a lot to work on on both sides of the ball (as any 17 year old needs) but his foundation as a 17 year old is very good, with good attitude, workrate and defensive contribution already part of his skillset which is not the case with many youths, especially La Masia ones. Who are usually very technically talented but dumb as a rock and useless on defense and tactically.

JamDav1982

A lot of the big units in midfield take a bit longer to find their feet and get used to how to operate their lummox of a frame.

Yaya Toure, Rodri etc all bloomed a bit later.

Not saying Nico will excel in future but big lumps can take a bit longer to grow into their size if you catch my drift.

ajnotkeith

Nico needs to start with a clean slate and fix his physique, ideally in Barca B or out on loan. The coaches have kept adding pounds to him since Juvenil days and he went from a lanky lean kid to being nearly 90kg and looking like he's barely able to move. I firmly believe that's a big reason why he looks so poor, he's just really bad physically. (and by that I do not mean he's not strong, I mean he's slow, inagile, can't jump and can't change direction).

Home of Barca Fans