6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

His low center of gravity looks unnatural :lol: I wouldn't get excited yet though. There are always plenty of brilliant looking youth players. We will see if he has the athletic and positional talent to make it as well. It's easily forgotten how great of an athlete Iniesta was for example.

Prodi

Without a doubt he's the biggest talent.

Busquets - De Jong - Pedri
Nico - Ilaix - Gavi (Collado)

Riqui out.

Bobo32

Well Thiago had innate natural ability. Sometimes (and still does at 30 - lol) to the point where the basics would suffice better. But more often than not he gets away with it and become a world class midfielder.

Anyways, to me, (and I have only seen Gavi 5 or so times in full so take this with a pinch of salt) Gavi too seems that this is just naturally how he players and not something he groomed copying previous players.

But yeah, I recall watching Thiago in his formative years and he was a very special player. Gavi seems closer to a young Alena (not in terms of style but general youth level and hype) who also was having friendly debuts around 16/17 years old.

Thiago is an artist, and I didn't see Gavi as one from the 2 or 3 games I saw, and that's what made me a bit puzzled by the comparison.

But after your explanation, I think I can agree, he seems to be a bit of a natural talent, which Thiago and obviously Messi for example, also was, but in a bit different ways. Iniesta as well. He has a good sense of how to position himself and how to keep the ball, some of it seems intuitive, natural.
I think however, from that youth tournament game, that he looks to have a bit of "Cristiano" in him as well, in the sense that some of his dribbles seemed pre-planned rather than thought up in the moment. He waits for moments to do pre-planned stuff, and in my opinion he waits for too long...

Both in the youth tournament, where he was the big star, and in the preseason so far, he has been a bit too conservative in my opinion - and I have a big preference for players who don't rush things. I think he is too quick to pass it away rather than hold on to the ball and look for an opening. But let's find out more about him!

serghei

Can he play DM? How does he fit with Pedri and De Jong?

Considering we have no money for top money signings, I would like us to promote the talents we have pretty quickly. Just use this time we have to allow them to get playing time.

Last edited:

Porque

And this is why Ilaix shouldnt be playing silly with his renewal.

Different profiles but same position and an easier fit.

The supply chain keeps producing. I don't think one person is lamenting Ilaix not playing, which is telling.

Bobo32

He played very well yesterday tbh, had time to play Griezmann free too, which I missed when it happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWUL2FwIQxo

I think it has been a bit too much of 0:14 and a bit too little of 0:24 from him so far though (although both situations were the right decisions...)
Comas should've just kicked it or take it down on his chest.

JamDav1982

Sell the pretender Puig and give his minutes and more to Gavi.

Trouble is no club will have any interest in spending money on Puig and he is easy keep in squad as has bizarre popularity amongst some clueless fans and is from la masia.

kattanib

How do you tell someone is talented? Very simple, it takes less than 30 minutes of watching him play at the age of 16 and you can tell that he has it in him. I am betting that this guy is the real deal .. even more influential than Pedri

Home of Barca Fans