User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 286 to 297 of 297

Thread: Pablo Paez 'Gavi'

  1. #286
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,629
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gavi, or another midfielder, was needed though.
    Frenkie is worse than Busi at DMC, but Gavi (just like Puig) has better intuition for space and decisions in the middle of the pitch than Frenkie or Pedri, so I think his introduction was positive today.
    Deep is the hatred that burns in base hearts in the presence of beauty

  2. #287
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,332
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajnotkeith View Post
    Which is why I again say he needs to have a full season with Barca B, the only thing he is picking up from playing with the first team is bad habits and loss of confidence.
    Also give fans false hope.

  3. #288
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,332
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Riqui Puig regen
    Almost.

  4. #289
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    538
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: UK
    I think it's very telling the most memorable moments of Nico and Gavis appearances with the first team is the fouls they made to stop attacks. If there is any indication that players are out of their depth it is that. And it is normal unless you are an absolute generational talent like Ansu was when he came to the first-team to be out of your depth against teams like Bayern if you don't even have a single pro start. The appearances those two have made don't lend any reason at all to start them.

    And this is why we have a B team. So players can adapt to a professional pace and gain match experience. Yusuf Demir didn't play great but he didn't look totally lost because he has had pro experience and played at a decent level.

  5. #290
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,911
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajnotkeith View Post
    I think it's very telling the most memorable moments of Nico and Gavis appearances with the first team is the fouls they made to stop attacks. If there is any indication that players are out of their depth it is that. And it is normal unless you are an absolute generational talent like Ansu was when he came to the first-team to be out of your depth against teams like Bayern if you don't even have a single pro start. The appearances those two have made don't lend any reason at all to start them.

    And this is why we have a B team. So players can adapt to a professional pace and gain match experience. Yusuf Demir didn't play great but he didn't look totally lost because he has had pro experience and played at a decent level.
    You seem to be the one going on about his fouls more than anyone else.

    Gavi didnt look totally lost either and he got stuck into a good few challenges he won as well.

  6. #291
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,332
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    You seem to be the one going on about his fouls more than anyone else.

    Gavi didnt look totally lost either and he got stuck into a good few challenges he won as well.
    He makes quite many unecessary fouls, pushing players from behind three times or more in this game alone. Easily a red card in normal game but since he is still only 17 so i think ref doesn't want to send him off in his CL debut.

  7. #292
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,332
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just notice he was sent off in his game vs U18 France, week ago.

  8. #293
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,882
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Just notice he was sent off in his game vs U18 France, week ago.
    That was a very harsh red.

  9. #294
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure there needs to be a balance to it, he can't go head first into every tackle. He's trying to make an impression and you could say it worked. He now needs coaches and more senior players to provide him with their experience and help him grow and for him to understand losing a man in any game would be a serious deficit to the team. WAs nice to see him going in for a tackle though. Busquets rarely goes in for a tackle, that used to be because he was so positionally well placed. Nowadays it's because he can't get close to the opposition.

  10. #295
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    13,848
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to complain about a kid trying to make the best out of an opportunity to play against a top team in a game that was already lost.

    He's young, inexperienced and a bit naive but clearly talented with desire and heart.

    I've enjoyed watching him and other kids for the last 20-30 minutes. It was a good learning experience for all of them.

  11. #296
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,911
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed his aggression and willingness to put foot in as it is something team lacks. He and younger players showing no fear in different ways was about only positive of last night.

    That is different from praising him for making fouls which he was lucky not to be red carded for.

  12. #297
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    13,848
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Nice video...